The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I’d want £15m for Nat. Even then, that’s a steal.

Regarding Neco, I’d be advising him to stay put for a bit and see what happens. He’s very young.

4 Likes

Rangers are after a right back…

You left a 0 off his value

2 Likes

I thought we stated 15m on Phillips so it’s just lowballing.

Doubt we will sell him for anything less than 12m

1 Like

The Gers couldnt afford Nico, (assuming this is who you are hinting at) there finances are not looking good.

talking of Nico, if Everton pay £12M for Paterson, i would hope to get the same for Nico when/if sold

1 Like

Ah ok Bonus…
Maybe he has memories of Ryan Kent going out on loan to them and pushing himself on from there…
Either way the kid needs to consider his actions very carefully though

1 Like

maybe should have mentioned that the current Rangers captain James Tavenier also plays RB,
might be a tough job to dislodge the club captain who scored 19 goals last season from the side.

your right though, Nico needs to consider his actions very carefully

It’s a fine line for Neco. Stay too long and stagnate? Go too soon and maybe don’t get the right move and kick on?

It isn’t urgent at his age that he should go. I understand the desire to play more, but as long as he has plenty of time left on his contract, we don’t have to do anything unless the offer is the right one.

10M+

Zouma and Tomori had more experience than Nat. Guehi had 52 appearances for the Swans. Phillips filled in nicely for an important run in but doesn’t have same amount of games as those guys had. He’s also very much a ‘what you see is what you get’ kind of player. Can’t say I know much about Guehi (looked his experience up on wiki), but part of the fee for the other two is potential. Phillips is pretty much already maxed out. You hope he can continue as he was for Liverpool anywhere else, the other two have room for improvement.

Not saying 7 is fair, but 15 rings about right for me. Fantastic story last year, but he isn’t getting many games without another injury crisis here.

5 Likes

Evidently it’s a lowball offer we probably won’t accept so I dunno why so many feel it’s concrete when it’s made, as I said I expect we will get 12-15m

3 Likes

Linked the article in the twitter thread - have no idea how reliable Fichajes de Futbol is, but they seem to believe we’re in for Luis Diaz of Porto. Haggling over 60-80mil price apparently.

Highly doubt there’s any depth to this but if there is I’d imagine that’d signal the end of Divock’s time here and maybe have bigger implications towards the front three.

1 Like

Oddly enough, Andrés Cantor also made a very random tweet about keeping an eye on Diaz and Liverpool.

1 Like

And what a coincidence we are now hearing potential exit for Divock. Maybe some legs to this?

1 Like

So he’s valued at more than we bought Jota for?

1 Like

His release clause is 80 mil euros, we’ve offered 60 apparently

1 Like

Truthfully I don’t know very much about Luis Diaz as a player. I watch Porto matches never, other than when we play them in Champs League. All I know is the very basic, predominantly plays the left.

Sky posted to their website yesterday saying ‘Liverpool close to £60M deal for Diaz.’ Of course anything is possible but it’s an odd one for me, I find it difficult to believe.

2 Likes

His stats look impressive enough as a 24 year old who can make a step up under Klopp. But then there are many of such players in this level so 60m is true, then he better be that damn good because we ain’t like Barca and Manures and Cheaty who spend such money on squad players who bombed.

3 Likes

He’s always looked great whenever I’ve seen him play.

What’s the exact nature of the split of economic rights?

The key is 3rd party ownership is banned. A player is not a 3rd party so can effectively own part of his own economic rights without breaching the rules. Obviously, there’s the potential for him to then hold that % on trust for a 3rd party or parties but that becomes difficult to discern.

Luis Diaz? I thought he was poor against us, but then again Porto were very poor.

£60mil? No way I’d be paying that for him. If we have that level of fund for a “forward” I’d much prefer Raphina, Barnes, Bowen or Damsgaard.

1 Like