The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

No idea, but the way it was reported (“move could be complicated”) suggests more akin to the old Italian model where both clubs have to agree on how the contract is terminated.

1 Like

So if he was £35-40m we would interested. These are famous Edwards tactics. Also around the combined fees of Neco, Origi and Philips :thinking:

Yeah it’s not a big leap to get to that conclusion. Do you think we sell to Newcastle though?

P/L clubs, it is 50M (with additional 100M cheating tax for clubs owned by the Saudi or Abu Dhabi)

Italian clubs, they can fuck right off as we all know they will fuck around with loan deals but neve actually buying him.

3 Likes

If they offer what we want I think so. Depends if the players want to move there though.

1 Like

Diaz rumours gaining traction with South
American journos

Pearce says it’s not happening… get the thread open and the lean poll up asap!

4 Likes

I think if they are the only serious bidder then it is very tempting. Club has struggled to get the deals it has been looking for over the last two years, so selling to them could get our own purchases rolling early.

As it stands Origi is leaving for free in the summer. We can play poker with this supposed performance based option for a further year to haggle on the price being higher but realistically we won’t get much for Origi. If we are wanting to do some incoming business (IF) then Origi and Karius are the main suspects. Can easily pay off last 6 months of their wages that we will be paying anyway and take highest amount we can get from a club they’d go to. Anything around £10m for Origi under the circumstances would have to be seen as a win. Anything at all for Karius.

With our current situation and the window until February, I don’t think we’ll sell Origi. I think there are higher chances of him staying until next summer than us selling him and obviously bringing someone in.

4 Likes

Luis Fernando Díaz is a winger, do we need another winger?

1 Like

Only if there’s a clause to extend his contract that he hits though, otherwise he’s gone in the summer for free, which is fine by me to be honest with you. With 6 months left on his deal, if someone offers £10M take it and run

2 Likes

We do (imo) - someone that can step into Mane or Salahs shoes. Allows Jota to be central, where he’s been very effective. Whether he’s the one, or Bowen etc, is to be seen.

1 Like

I really dont see Divock going anywhere in Jan unless we have someone coming in

3 Likes

Never hold In Farts.

1 Like

Seems like you’re damned if you do and damned if you dont

I’m not blown away by the Luis Diaz links because he’s only really recording high numbers this season and hasn’t seemed to do it previously. Plus it’s “only” the Portuguese League. But if he is the winger we’ve chosen then at least he has shown he CAN hit high goal scoring rates. It’s just a case of helping him transfer that to a higher level here and helping make sure he is consistent moving forwards. If both those happen he’ll look like an amazing signing obviously. So, not the gamble that I’d have gone for, but some chance that it’ll be a winning roll of a dice and better odds than some of the alternative options people seem to prefer.

Of course it could all turn out to be silly season yet.

1 Like

Reminds me a bit of the Alex Teixeira links where he had been decent in previous seasons but nothing majorly special and then was scoring for fun in 2015-16 and we bid in January 2016. He was also in a so called lesser league and was the same age profile.

6 Likes

But has a pretty decent record for Colombia. Yes, international football is weird and doesnt remotely translate, but I’m still a bit grumpy we missed out on Cuadrado years ago, and while he never hit the heights expected of him, I still maintain that’s because he never got to work with Jurgen.

2 Likes

Not that these compilations can be trusted as they’re notorious for making average players look world class but there certainly seems to be some Mane style elements to his playing style to give a foundation.

https://youtu.be/aqS0nAZAI8U