The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Can’t see there’s anything in it. His signing in this window would signal that Mane is off come the summer. No chance we spend that kind of money for the bloke to be a squad player in a position where the incumbent would be signing a new deal. The phrasing is interesting though.

not on the agenda for January” which suggests that there is interest just not for now.

“given that he would only be back-up in Jurgen Klopp’s squad, the price tag is viewed as prohibitive” hints at us possibly looking to add in that area but just not at that price or not unless there was a starting spot to justify the cost.

Pearce leaving just enough meat on the bone there to get the transfer gossip vultures circling.

On Origi, you wonder if there could be a deal to be done at the very end of the window. Keep him for now and then maybe we’ve got one, possibly two games without him and both of Salah and Mane in early Feb. And dependent on how their teams go in the AFCON, it could be even less if any at all if it was late in the window.

1 Like

Phil Vickery whose a good journo covering SA said it’s possible but if it happens it will in the next few days otherwise pointless for us.

every now and then, someone brings to your attention something that leaves you thinking “fuck that asteroid can’t hit the planet soon enough” :rofl:

When does the window close?

That’s good because I’m pretty sure Nivea won’t be parting with much ad money for his likeness.

1 Like

I’m fine with Origi being sold this window, even though we do have an option in the summer. I believe the window closes after most of our players will be back from Afcon, so assuming he gets healthy Origi can cover a couple games and then move at the end of the month when he would have dropped down the depth chart anyway.

1 Like

Was just thinking that. No point holding out until end of jan as our AFCON players will be back then.

For me this is an interesting link and I’m still mildly surprised if it is indeed true.

Of the thousands of football players in world football, a club the size and stature of Liverpool would identify Luis Diaz as their target. £60M is no pittance, that’s a sizable fee and sum of money that (I would imagine) could be used to sign any variety of players in the world. I don’t consider £60M a bargain, even in football’s current economic climate.

This isn’t me passing any judgement whatsoever on the player, it’s more that I’ve found fascination in what goes into the analytics and analysis to arrive at this particular player.

1 Like

Anytime else in Porto we would be interested in? Just in case Edwards is pulling off yet another Class 1 bluff

Also read Porto failed FFP so may need to sell this window to not be punished.

2 Likes

Tim Vickery, isn’t Phil Vickery a former rugby player?

Anyway, have seen his clip, it doesn’t appear he has any inside info, he’s just saying it makes sense for us to move now as Mane has just left for the Afcon, his statement is honestly a bit pointless.

Meanwhile, Romano has joined Pearce in saying it won’t happen this month.

1 Like

Of course it won’t. He will only be official on 1st Feb.

We’ll see on the Diaz one, maybe he’ll be able to help settle the other Colombian on our books.
It sounds like a good move for me, but then it’s the Portuguese league and we have a few South Americans which might help him settle….if there’s legs in it. 60m I never expected….having said that I was shocked we paid £45m for Jota but that turned out to be a great move.

1 Like

Really racking my brains, but nothing. Who?

3 Likes

Only one I can think of is Anderson Arroyo, but it’s possible he doesn’t really exist.

4 Likes

Mason Holgate to Burnley gaining some legs…
If ever a club and cnutish defender deserved each other… It is these two

1 Like

He also goes by the name, ‘Ben Davies’.

3 Likes

Wrong thread.

Why is it though, that when I read “Holgate” and “Burnley” “gaining legs” that I pictured them with the legs of all the opposition players they’d variously maimed displayed proudly on their walls, like hunting trophies?

3 Likes

It is Anderson Arroyo, I was wondering if anyone would get it. :joy:

Thank you, because I was minutes away from having to tell you that mark Gonzales is Chilean and hasn’t played here for 10 years.

4 Likes