The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

If we end up paying 60M for Diaz, I think it is a sign Mane is off in the summer, which makes all the sense in the world. I don’t think both Salah and Mane can be offered new bumper contracts. Salah is the priority, obviously, and with Mane’s form and age it probably makes sense to move him in and get younger.

2 Likes

The 60m price is only coming from his release clause and if we were to buy him I’d be shocked if we were paying anything like that.
His stats this season are good, previous seasons not so, underlying numbers are good too, my worry from just watching this highlights and when we played them is that he looks super weak. I think Jurgen likes those wide forwards to be animals.

I thought his release clause was 80m??

Euro to pounds I assume

3 Likes

Not so sure on this Diaz Fellow…
If Man City arent after him, he cant be that good

and Pep has really good nose for anything decent coming out of Columbia usually, (allegedly)

6 Likes

He ain’t a fullback, so why would Pep have any interest in him?

Pep can create a full back from an attacking midfielder, so who knows.

:slight_smile:

yeah he’s a magician… he can make white stuff disappear as well…

2 Likes

He doesn’t even need hands for that trick

Players like Mbappe and Haaland seem out of reach. Then looking at the midfield, unless the suggested price comes way down, maybe even the likes of Bellingham would be out of reach.

So I’d like to nominate Tchoumeni and Nkunku to refresh our midfield and attack. Both good ages and putting in the sort of performances that will have a host of clubs noticing. Both seem pretty durable too, which is essential.

1 Like

And the City squad only gets infected with Covid, when he wants it to. Genius.

1 Like

Let’s not start acting like Arsenal fans here and question the timing of outbreaks at clubs. That bunch of cranks made idiots of themselves this week and we’re above that.

Financial doping and PED’s are more than fair game though.

4 Likes

It is a fair question though?
No matches off whilst on a good run so a gap appears at the top of the league, and other clubs face fixture chaos.
Not like they are squeaky clean all the time?

2 Likes

Well if that’s a fair question then you’d have to say Arsenal fans questioning the timing of our outbreak too.

I saw the team they put out yesterday and if that’s what they do with a supposed outbreak then it can’t be that big of a one.

I also don’t get what faking an outbreak achieves unless you get a game cancelled which they haven’t and they aren’t going to risk playing players who are actually ill as that’s likely to be at the detriment of their performance.

2 Likes

Think you’re missing the point of what I’ve taken to be the accusations.

When players test positive on lateral flow tests they have to self isolate. Symptoms or not.

Man City seem to not really be suffering from these enforced, inconveniently timed absences like everyone else has.

As their owners and the club have a reputation for nor being sticklers for following the rules it’s raising some eyebrows as to whether they are being totally honest when recording positive tests results and therefore losing players to these enforced and inconveniently timed absences.

It differs from us because we are a club that have been forefront in backing covid restrictions, no reputation for rule breaking, didn’t actually gain anything by having to reschedule the Arsenal game etc. etc.!

3 Likes

It won’t be as simple as that with the way our wages are structured, it might be the top figure he could achieve if clauses hit etc. but he does seem a special talent. Extremely good at winning the ball high up the pitch, keeping possession whilst carrying it up the pitch and laying on through balls etc. for chances and assists.

I’d love it. Develop him as our Xavi to Elliotts Iniesta and both would classify as club developed when they hit 21.

So the thought is the players are testing positive but they aren’t reporting positive tests and are playing said players anyway? Then now it’s FA Cup weekend they report positive tests for what reason?

Given until about a week ago we’d had the odd one this season where other clubs were suffering far bigger outbreaks I just don’t really buy into the conspiracy.

3 Likes

If we were to buy Gavi he’d be back off to Barcelona before he’d hit his peak. That sort of signing very rarely works.

3 Likes

Do you think with the players available they were going to have any problems with the opposition they were facing?

He’s already starting quality at 17, if he was here till 25/26 and then went back there I wouldn’t particularly see that as a problem. Would probably be starting for us quite soon.

1 Like