The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I hope it’s true. He is our best player and has been making plenty of noises along the lines that he is willing to sign.

Assuming Mo is under wraps, the conversation will switch to what comes next. At that point I think Mane might be more vulnerable, especially as presumably he will still bring in a decent fee. I can’t see the owners wanting to put all of our strikers on bumper new deals as they grow old together. Firmino might be vulnerable too, but at that point, you have to ask how much we could sell him for.

If Mo has signed a new deal, I think Mane might go, and we will reshuffle the pack in the summer.

Mo, Jota, newbie, newbie, Gordon.

Mane, Origi, Minamino might be off, for say, David and Nkunku, or two of that sort of ilk.

1 Like

It’s obviously true then :slightly_smiling_face:

Haha sums up the modern day online fan

5 Likes

Since when are they commenting on such things?

They’ve been doing satire for ages.

1 Like

Good way of attracting follows and likes.

:joy:

2 Likes

Sadly in this case the satire is kind of right… there are some people who will be more impressed by the transfer because it cost more.

3 Likes

This, they’re very good at it mostly.

Good at satire and at ruining lives. Empathy devoid bandits

1 Like

Not entirely sure you can blame gambling companies for people ruining their lives. Like blaming the booze industry for alcoholism. You know the risks, your choice.

2 Likes

Not as simple as that
But not for this thread maybe

7 Likes

It’s always simple, but agreed.

1 Like

The only simple thing here is how wrong you are.

3 Likes

In your humble opinion.

Check their wiki for a list of some of the scummy things they’ve done

1 Like

It’s both/and. Personal choice is part of it. But gambling is addictive, and at some point it takes hold of people. Some can have a flutter, win, lose, walk away. And do it all with money they have to spare. Others get trapped, and it is difficult to escape. Unfortunately, a large amount of those trapped didn’t have the money to spare to begin with, and they were gambling as a form of release, and it only made their lot worse.

Anyway, when are we announcing Nkunku?

Edit: and the Paddy Power quip was funny.

3 Likes

You just explained smoking addiction, drug addiction, alcohol addiction as well as gambling addiction. I agree with @GermanRed that removing the temptation is not the solution (assuming that is what he has saying).

And now to make sure mods don’t warn me about straying off the topic….the current rumours bore me more than yesterday’s game (sorry if mentioning the game is once gain off topic, I just don’t know when to stop, but I’m not addicted, I don’t have a topic problem, I can stop any time I want).

Gambling businesses weren’t allowed to advertise until the government got in on the act with the national lottery. It was considered bad until they started doing it.

2 Likes

I wonder how easy it is to play cards and win against Nobluff :0)
Only kidding Nobluff, only kidding

2 Likes

I suppose you wouldn’t have to worry about him bluffing…

4 Likes