The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Hasn’t he suffered that Penaldo came in, took over his position and basically shafted Dybala into a worse role… Penaldo left and he’s had a load of injuries when it was his time to shine?

He’s on £225k! Some crazy wages over in Turin.

1 Like

Yes, it was very much the same situation as happened at Utd. Ronaldo came in and all off a sudden the other attacking positions were required to do different things to accommodate him, including a lot of defending and running, things you dont put Dybala in the team to do. Stats don’t tell it all, but if you look at his goal tally you can clearly see the point that Ronaldo came in as they fell off a cliff despite him still playing the same number of games. So yeah, he got shafted, and had he wanted to leave after 1 year of that he would have takers everywhere. Instead he’s now gone about 4 years without playing at a level required for teams of this stature and has now partnered that with unreliable fitness.

I think this version of him is the sort of player to end up at a side like Sevilla, look really good in games in the latter stages of the Eruopa league and make fans think he’d be good for them, but never goes on to do better anywhere else. Essentially he’s at the Riquelme stage of his career

5 Likes

I thought for about 10+ years that they sing “Sinama-Pongolle” in this song:

https://youtu.be/MelyDrP8WEw

I’m not even going into all the things I’ve typed into google to try and find this song. Until I bumped into a friend’s DJ on a night out who finally told me the name of the song.

:joy:

4 Likes

They’re one of the world’s very biggest clubs, no wonder they have top wages. Plus, the date of his last extension was April 2017, which was a long while ago, it was his second season at the club.

1 Like

The article in The Athletic last week mentioned us wanting to bring players in over the summer who were ‘young, hungry, dynamic and with a high ceiling’. Dybala does not fit that profile :grinning:

1 Like

I hope we sign Salif Keita

1 Like

Sheffield Utd reported to be interested in loaning Rhys Williams.

1 Like

We can’t really afford to let Origi and/or Minamino go without replacements and I’ve just got no confidence we will sign players this window after how much we needed players last year and spent less than £2m on the barest of bare minimum incomings.

Salif Keita and Naby Diao.

Salif Keita and Youssou N’dour on the Kop

1 Like

That is a TUNE! Sure I used to rock a house mix of that back in the day. Think I may also have laboured under the same misconception you did for many years as well :joy:

1 Like

Diaz rumours resurfacing in Portugal from two different Portuguese papers, both saying 45 mil up front with 15 in add ons ( total of 60 mil euros which is approx. 50 mil total in pounds). A quick browse of reddit threads has the papers at differening levels of reliability Ojogo seen as one that used to be reliable for Porto but not so much now and record as very reliable for Porto.

Personally think horseshit because we’ve come through the AFCON now and haven’t offloaded Divock or Minamino (even turned down bids for him). Still, would be a nice little bonus for Klopp for doing better than usual in Jan to get another player in :wink:

Edit: Portuguese journos chipping in now, linked it in the twitter thread. Saying Diaz turned down second Spurs offer for us (who wouldn’t?). Maybe there’s some traction to this or perhaps they’re just pressuring spurs to pay more.

Edit 2: Colombian journos reporting it as well, again linked in the twitter thread.

4 Likes

agreed. its an open and shut case if you ask me.

if we really need to dig deeper (we dont) then we can start mentioning players ages and injury records.

does it get Joe to a world cup this year? not sure, as much as i love Klopps additude to players welfare, we are not there as a vehicle for Gomezs international aspirations first and club commitments second.

2 Likes

Interesting development. Guess we will know soon enough if there is substance in the Diaz story.

Diaz and Carvalho for Origi and Minamino would be a big upgrade, if that’s what we do. The sting in the tail might be losing someone we don’t want to lose.

1 Like

I’d let both go. Neither are getting any game time now or in the future. Neither can really step up. Even with Salah and Mane out, Taki hasnt started a PL game so theres no point labeling him a backup.

2 Likes

Seen a rumour Gomez to Newcastle for 60m

This the real Paul Joyce right? The man doesn’t deal in rumours so maybe just maybe there’s something to this

7 Likes

Just need Melissa and Jambo for the slam dunk.

1 Like

Sky sports reporting it now, we may make a move :thinking:. I believe it when I see it.

1 Like