The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I agree @rab, I believe there is something to this. Now Maddock and Jones are running with this in the last 10 minutes.

There’s also been a young Colombian man Pipe Sierra on Twitter, seemingly connected, thats been maintaining for days Diaz to Liverpool was/is a real possibility.

3 Likes

Damn! What a deal. Love to see this!

Get in LuisDiaz!

1 Like

A slight spanner I heard on TalkShite this morning, the deal with Spurs in doubt as he has a 2nd agent. Got Mendez and another agent back in South America according to the Early Breakfast guys (The 2 hosts that are on before Brazil and Palour).

No idea how accurate that is, but if so could be an issue for any deal we are trying to get through as well

there lies your first, middle and last mistake… don’t listen to fucking talkshite. It’s utter shite.

4 Likes

Regardless of Diaz signing, if both Minamino and Origi leave Liverpool in the coming days, that’s as big a vote of confidence in Gordon as possible at this point in his career. Neil Jones says there’s a strong interest in both - if a better player is signed, I hope both can leave for decent fees, especially as Origi is close to leaving on a free.

2 Likes

On beeb now

Try other stations at 5:30 and you’ll soon realise that the rest are even worse.

Plus TS have Ally McCoist in the mornings who is fucking hilarious

3 Likes

There’s a reason they call themselves TalkShite…

1 Like

I think the club would know about this after doing their due diligence, so am not too worried now that it looks like we have a bid going in. It was said early in the window he was part owned by another party back home.

From the way it was described it sounded more like the situation we had with Thomas Lemar? when we negatiated with what we thought was his agent, then had a 2nd start trying to dictate terms and Edwards just thought ‘fuck that - too much B/S going on here’ and walked away.

It could be a as you describe it, or it could be a case of us having lernt how to better handle these sort of cluster-fucks when they do pop up - will wait and see

1 Like

There’s one particularly interesting take from this article:

“Liverpool’s assistant sporting director Julian Ward has led the club’s negotiations alongside sporting director Michael Edwards. Ward was Liverpool’s European scouting manager in Spain and Portugal for three years between 2012 and 2015.”

I wonder if this means that we’re likely to see more players from those two countries come to Liverpool. I think that we never had less Spanish-speaking players at any point over the last twenty years than now.

2 Likes

Well… this aged well…

4 Likes

Actually, it hasn’t :blush:

3 Likes

The sarcasm detector is weak in this one!

5 Likes

I so very nearly posted that exact same post but wasn’t sure how you’d take it.

A timely reminder to all of us that we really have fuck all clue what’s going on :joy:

5 Likes

Don’t worry I can always laugh at myself… I still mutter “Tom fucking Ince” and “Ricky Van Wolfswinkel” to myself every now and again and still get embarrassed over those suggestions :laughing:

2 Likes

Adama Traore is finalising his loan move from Wolves to Barcelona.
Barca have the option to re-sign their former player on a permanent basis in the summer.

Rather weird deal for Wolves. Why lose a key player mid-season without any guarantee of money?

3 Likes

My tantrum paid off!

1 Like

21/22 season 20 games - 1 goal and 0 assists I would take any cash being offered.

Had a lot of talent and potential as a youth, but has not developed as such.

2 Likes

They get a loan fee and a possible deal done in the summer (depends on how the option has been worded though perhaps).

Barca may still have issues preventing them from getting permanent deals done in this window, so their only option is a loan move. I don’t know whether putting something in the contract to make it permanent from the summer by default would be treated as a permanent deal in this window.

1 Like