The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

And to think one of our posters on TIA said his goal scoring record was as good as Mane’s :rofl:

:rofl:

Who was that? time to name & shame

I’m trying to remember. I think he had been a member for quite a while and may have joined us on here too, definitely not a fly by night merchant. Many of us gave him a gentle ribbing about it at the time.

1 Like

Transfer fee for Traore set at 35mil euro (plus whatever loan fee is paid), when you compare that to the rumoured Diaz fee, it looks like we could get a bargain!

1 Like

Id love to be a skint as Barca
They cant even register Traore as their wages are too high.
They should be banned from signing players until they can actually have their finances sorted out.

5 Likes

I don’t know much about Diaz. Is he any good?

1 Like
3 Likes

Because he’s fucking shite and he’s not a key player for Wolves.

5 Likes

It will free up funds from all that oil buying…

Whats Up Reaction GIF by WWE

1 Like

Brilliant and true. But we all know Diaz so well now, knew he would sign all along!

1 Like

Nice Luis Diaz clip above. I liked the goal against Man City around the 45 second marker, as Man City have a couple of fouling grocks in their ranks these days. He skipped past Ruben Dias I think it was, going wide, evaded another tackle then shot low across Ederson into the opposite corner. All the goals on the clip were nice, but that one got my attention.

So, let’s say we get this done. There certainly seems to be a lot of smoke around it now.

Who leaves?

I think I said earlier that Diaz and Carvalho would be a big upgrade on Origi and Minamino. However, I can’t escape the fact that we have three main strikers who need to sign new deals, and I doubt they all will…

5 Likes

Edwards on a mad one for his last Jan window!

2 Likes

Didn’t he just sign for Atletico in the summer? We’d have to pay a pretty penny for him surely? I’d be slightly worried if we bought 2 forwards this window to be honest - unless both Origi and Taki are sold and Mo signs.

Surely just a smokescreen to ensure we get Diaz over the line?

1 Like

Maybe the kit money has been flashed by Henry :rofl:

Bearing in mind the source is AS, I’m inclined to be sceptical about it.

3 Likes

I am curious though. Diogo Jota is best played as a right footed LW. He is the natural successor to Mane. However, it is kinda worrying that we left Roberto Firmino’s replacement quite late if he ends up going to Barca this summer.

It is also worrying we haven’t found someone with the right profile that can improve our midfield immediately, someone that can hold his own in the midfield. In our midfield, only two players from our squad will be starting day in and day out for the other elite first teams in Europe. Fabinho and Thiago, and that’s it. All the other players have either poor injury records, wildly inconsistent quality or regressed ability.

We might all be presuming Jurgen is signing like for like replacements, one in one out and continue as before, when in fact, we might be in for a pleasant surprise and tactics and formations are going to change dramatically as part of his evolution…

1 Like

Personally I think we are short up top anyhow so I can see easily us retaining all three of Salah, Mane and Firmino for a season as Diaz is developed I do think the changing of the guard will be done slowly and will be done to leave as little disruption as possible.

If he was being bought in the Summer I assume Klopp had a year in mind with the older three.

2 Likes

Can imagine this be everyone in the summer when Bobby, Mane and Salah are sold and we are left with Jota, Diaz and Cuhna.

luis suarez GIF

1 Like

It will be interesting to see the group of strikers that we start next season with.

Origi and Minamino could be replaced by Carvalho and Gordon. Fair enough. Let’s see if the younger players grow and surpass the players they replace.

I suspect Diaz is the Mane replacement, brought forward due to interest from Spurs.

I think Mo will sign a new deal.

Now we are looking at Bobby. Will he stay? Will Cunha be the replacement? Someone else?

Salah, Jota, Diaz, Cunha, Carvalho, Gordon.

I would be very happy with that.

(Add a top midfielder, robust, even if Ox, Keita, Milner depart, and we would be looking very good indeed).

1 Like