The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I think it’s a great move. Really highly rated, and can work under his compatriot Alisson for a few years.

4 Likes

And not only that, but he is bring brought in on Alisson’s recommendation.
Highly rated, but even if he doesn’t become another Alisson in a few years, this is a good move for the club and keeps the prospect of finding young emerging potential talent in Brazil open.

I’m really glad that this is happening.

1 Like

Would he get a work permit?

He supposedly has a German passport.

7 Likes

The club must REALLY love him. Already a few GK in the pipeline, 17 years old, 2M. IMO they believe he’s special.

6 Likes

Excuse me, I’m looking for some reliable Liverpool rumors. Is this the right place to find them?

7 Likes

You must be new here.

Oh wait.

11 Likes

Just want to say that this place is starting to feel like home again. Some good arguing in the thread and a real pearler of a post by @Kopstar to give us great perspective.

When I moved over there wasn’t all that much activity, but it is getting better and better. Thanks to the mods and everyone else for making the switch and keeping things going.

12 Likes
4 Likes
18 Likes

I think every LFC fan should watch this video,especially the ones who keep going on about not buying players,whether they like it or not,Klopp can’t put the whole “to buy or not to buy” saga any clearer.

5 Likes

Kristian Walsh is on this podcast

2 Likes

If Jurgen says we are good, then we are good, cant argue with it really. As he said towards the end the club is always looking to improve the squad so only thing we can do is trust in the lads and the staff and march on. Either way, the most important thing right now is the game against Leeds, not transfers.

3 Likes

Much rather see both here,but if we can’t have that ,suppose Gini goes,but not for a lousy£15m.

2 Likes

Totally agree with what he says about Gomez.
Never knew about these podcasts so thanks for that.
Given up my TAW sub and was missing some LFC chat so this will do nicely.

2 Likes

Surely we are already maximizing the Klopp effect with the squad we have? 3 forwards, 2 full backs, a keeper and a CB that honestly would walk into every other first team squad in world football. That is absolutely huge and not something even peak City could boast. How do you even improve on that? You can’t. How is adding a Sancho for example to the squad not a risk? Im no body language expert but I think there are frustrations sometimes between Mane and Salah but at least they both know where they stand. Would a Sancho niggle at that issue even further? God knows I would take Mane over Sancho every day of the week and twice on Sundays and wouldn’t want anything to come in the way of him staying at the club for many more years.

I think covid is being massively underplayed on here. I don’t think fans are really comprehending how much of a financial impact it will have. And it seems our fans are looking at the bottomless pits of City and Chelsea and thinking that should be the default spending position and not the 70% of the league that are probably averaging a £10m+ net spend. We aren’t Chelsea or City. Sure we can spend more than the typical PL club. But we are also shopping in a different price bracket for the sort of cover we need.

I expect our deals to be done. Gini seems to be staying which means Thiago isn’t coming (we don’t need 300 midfielders). I don’t see any other problem with the current squad myself.

2 Likes

1 Like

No problem :+1:t5: I myself do enjoy listening to some of the podcasts on the airwaves. The blood red by the Liverpool echo, redmen TV podcast. I’m going to give a listen for the anfield agenda too on Spotify. But yeah this Liverpool.com one is quite light and easy, nothing too crazy and they give decent insight.

2 Likes

Very occasional listener to blood red. The problem is that the presenters and guests are all absolute charisma vacuums.

2 Likes

Klopp has ONLY won 1 CL and 1 PL. But, I am an armchair expert, which means I know more than Klopp. We are in deeeep crisis and need Sancho, Messi, Mbappe, Thiago and a couple more marquee. We need to play 1-1-8 formation like VVD, Thiago and 8 attacking players. Else we are doomed.

11 Likes