The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

From today’s BBC gossip column:

Borussia Dortmund’s Norway striker Erling Braut Haaland, 20, has been backed to join Liverpool instead of Manchester United by RB Salzburg’s sporting director Christoph Freund. Haaland joined Dortmund from Salzburg earlier this year. (Sky90 via Star)

So Sancho, Mbappé AND Haaland incoming next summer?

Where will Big Div fit in? :thinking:

8 Likes

Make-weight for the Sancho deal. Div+25m+15m in addons.

3 Likes

Would rather Haaland than Sancho. I’m in, sign him up.

6 Likes

Jota Haaland Mbappe as our next front 3! *Drools

1 Like

Elliott???

Elliott is what Jota currently is for the front 3 :wink:

1 Like

Some say his name like ‘whoreland’,so for that immature reason i’m in.

7 Likes

Liverpool are interested in signing Inter Milan 's 25-year-old defender Milan Skriniar as cover for the injured Virgil van Dijk. The Slovakian is also a target for Tottenham. (ESPN)

3 Likes

I wonder if there’s any legitimacy to this. The price will be high.

1 Like

Dunno never heard of him, was just posting for information for the forum.

One thing that had been in my mind about any replacement for Virgil is that I doubt the club would be going large on cover, or a replacement, since in say another 9 months, any replacement gets moved to the bench. It would seem irresponsible of the club to outlay huge amounts then, to only have the player understudy to Virgil for the next 2-3 years or more. Unless said player is as comfortable at RCB as he would be at LCB.

1 Like

Is he actually good? Heard a lot about him over the last few years but rarely seen him play.

I do think there’s plenty of scope to go big on a centre back - VVD injured, Matip always injured, Gomez’ level has dropped significantly.

Who’s that bloke from Anfield Index? Thinks he knows everything? I remember him eulogising about Skriniar a year or so ago.

I’d prefer Romagnoli or Bastoni if we’re shopping in Milan.

1 Like

@ILLOK Skriniar is highly regarded. Very robust tackler, exceptionally mobile and high football IQ. I don’t follow Inter regularly but I think they’ve used him higher up at times in a holding midfield role. I’m not sure what the advanced stats say about his ability in the air but IMO he’s a complete CB.

(EDIT: just want to clarify my mobility claim by saying he doesn’t have “blistering pace” but his mobility is what I would call well above average for the position.)

I will be surprised if any of these higher priced names move in January. And since I am posting about center half, I’ll again say Omar Colley @ £10.8. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Two stat based suggestions I’ve seen are Duje Caleta-Car Marseille and David Carmo of Braga.

1 Like

Weren’t we linked with an Inter player with a similar name like 5 years ago?

1 Like

Five years ago?

Don’t ask me; I can barely remember what happened five minutes ago!

6 Likes

Very poor in the air though… I highly doubt we go for anyone who isn’t winning the vast portion of their aerial battles.

2 Likes

That’s I was wondering specifically, I couldn’t recall ever seeing him duel aerially.

Considering his age and likely cost, he’s also entering in the the prime of his career so I’m guessing he’s going to want playing time assurances. Add all of that together and I don’t think Milan Skriniar would be a realistic target in January. That’s why the rumor caught me by surprise.

2 Likes

His name reminds me of Skrtel so he’s probably shit.

1 Like

Ironically enough, Škrtel is his idol.

Personally I think Skriniar is more Vidic than he is Škrtel.