The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

From a feature on BL main site I just found:

On Konate:

Plays a bit like: Virgil van Dijk

Likening Konate to one of the best centre-backs in recent times may seem like a premature comparison. It’s not. There are few in the position who excel at so many aspects of the game as the young Frenchman.

Whether it be in terms of positioning, sticking tight to the striker, intercepting passes, tackling or building from the back, Konate cannot just do it all, he makes it look easy.

He has the pace to match the quickest of attackers and the physique to bully – rather than be bullied by – muscular strikers much more experienced than he is.

The Leipzig No. 6 wins 66 per cent of all tackles, a well-above-average quota that even rises to 81 per cent in the air. He can dribble out of defence or ping accurate long balls forward – averaging a 95 per cent accuracy rate. Even Van Dijk would be pleased with those numbers.

“I’ve developed well and I enjoy the style of play you encounter in the Bundesliga every week: it’s attack-minded with lots of pace and passion.” – Konate

3 Likes

We’d even have the chorus of his song sorted.

Sign him up!!!

2 Likes

:notes:Calm as you like plays a bit like Virgil Van Dijk” :notes:

3 Likes

I’ve read enough!

Sign Konate.

1 Like

We’d better give Phillips a chance than buying Ben White.

6 Likes

If Nat plays well I still expect us to sign someone, If Nat plays well I’d worry if I was Matip.

7 Likes

Sounds almost too good to be true. How much would he cost? And why did he only play 8 Bundesliga games last season but 28 the season before?

He was hurt last season. He had a pretty serious muscle tear.

EDIT: as for cost, thats a great question. I’m guessing in the £35-£45 range. Maybe more bc it’s Leipzig. Likely similar to what Leicester paid for Fofana. All that said, I don’t think there’s any chance they’ll let Upamecano and Konate go at the same time.

I am not so sure after the drubbing they got from manure?

2 Likes
3 Likes

If both Nats and Rhys play well? Remember that Nats cannot play this CL so Rhys will still have his chance.

1 Like

Why can’t Nats play Champions League?

Not registered

Just wanted to say well played Nat Phillips. Looked strong, up for the battle, and won most of his aerial duels. It was a performance that gave a lot of hope that we will not be bullied back there while VVD is out. OK, not enough data to go on yet, and I’m sure we will go into the market in January for a defender, but fair play to Phillips.

5 Likes

I don’t know, why can’t gnats play champions league?

( this better be good)

1 Like

Fucker. I worked on that for hours…

1 Like

Some of your best work :+1: :wink:

Who says they can’t?

He wasn’t picked for the CL squad so gnaturally can’t be picked for that competition.

3 Likes