The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

How fast is he?

Botman.

1 Like

This sounds extremely promising the write up in this thread;

3 Likes

Buy your own fucking doughnuts like the rest of us :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

When I looked at some of his stats for the first time a few days ago I was confused that world of soccer (I think) had pace as one of his weaknesses. I immediately thought that would make him a non-starter but other reports now say heā€™s quick. The one YouTube video I saw seem to indicate he was OK for pace if not rapid.

2 Likes

I have, once or twice on the Dutch MotD. He started in the Dutch second division with the U23 of Ajax. I call the Dutch highest league the Mickey Mouse league so SD is the Mini Mouse League. Heerenveen is the Everton of Holland, hovering around the 8th spot year in year out hardly ever qualified for Europese football. Have not seen him play in the 4 monthā€™s he is with Lille.

He is tall has some speed and is not afraid but if he is good enough for us? Donā€™t know, even the difference between the French league and the top of the PL is substantial.

6 Likes

Yeah he doesnā€™t seem slow enough for it to be a concern in that video @Draexnael shared. Looked fine actually although it is a highlight reel.

Yes did not look slow or quick!

Does seem to rely on the sliding tackle recovery. On the ground a lot for me.

I had this same thought watching the highlight vid above, but I notice in the twitter thread ARD posted, the guy who has watched a lot of his games says that actually he very rarely has to go to groundā€¦ so perhaps that perception is down to the clips the maker of the video selected?

1 Like

Never heard of him

Yes I imagine so - just the dramatic stuff. A highlight reel of VVD would be dull. He rarely gets out if first gear.

I am sure the stats team have the numbers & know his pace.

2 Likes

Jose Fonte knows a thing or two about team mates leaving for Liverpool, right? :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Dinna-ninna-ninna Botman

11 Likes

Iā€™ve never seen him play, hadnā€™t heard of him a week ago, but Iā€™m confident he is shite. Most players are.

5 Likes

Get Robben as well?

3 Likes

Morgan Boyes has been recalled. We are sorted for this window.

2 Likes

Where was he on loan? Has he done well? Whenever Iā€™ve seen him I havenā€™t been that impressed.

2 Likes

Why donā€™t people get my banter!!! Am I that daft!!!

6 Likes

I knew you werenā€™t being serious about Boyes helping the first team but I do find it odd that heā€™s been recalled. Was it not working out?

2 Likes

Stepping into the hole in the reserves left by Williamā€™s and Phillips no doubt

1 Like