The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

hahaha, I TOLD YOU

Only when your misses looks at you like Jurgen does to Bobby, does Juve even have a chance.

1 Like

This is a weird one. So I have to assume Bobby and Juventus have been in talks for there to actually be smoke and Juve feeding stories to the press, which means he wants to leave, Kloppā€™s quite strong words that he is so important to us, but we know Klopp doesnā€™t stop a player from leaving if he wants to.

So regardless of Kloppā€™s words, short of him saying at the next presser that Bobby will stay this season, which he hasnā€™t done yet, then this may actually happen.

Though that itā€™s happened so late in the window and Klopp and the clubā€™s desire to not have their hands tied by a late window snatch-and-grab may save us.

Someone reported a few weeks ago Juve saw Firmino as the closest thing to a Dybala replacement and wanted to include Rabiot in a swap deal.

Just random Journoā€™s attention seeking.

3 Likes

Yeah I think itā€™s all coming from Juve, players often express being open to a move but I canā€™t see him actively agitating.

2 Likes

Wishful thinking from Juventus. Their alternatives are Werner and Martial, no wonder theyā€™re desperate.

1 Like

They will sign Bobby on a free. I am sure about that.

1 Like

Juventus has signed an attacker from Lazio for a hefty fee. Do they need (or can afford) another attacker?

1 Like

This is probably likely, Iā€™m fine with that. Go out on a high like Mane.

Whatā€™s Italian for Fuck Off? Oh yeh, itā€™s Fuck Off!!

Vaffanculo!

8 Likes

I think Juventus will make us an offer we canā€™t resist. They will offer 1mil loan fee with 150mil option to buy.

Suspicious Season 9 GIF by The Office

2 Likes

The only way I can envisage Bobby going is if, as fans, there an underlying injury issue we donā€™t really know aboutā€¦
Even then, for what the fee is rumoured to be offered for him, surely Jurgen would prefer to keep him amongst our own for as long as Bobby wants to stay

I cannot see Bobby leaving this summer. Both Darwin and Carvalho will need some time to bed in, Diaz is only here for six months and Jota is injured. It would be unwise to let Bobby leave now. Which is also what the club seems to think:

2 Likes

The Bobby rumours and him being surpluss due to Nunez, always make me remember when Klopp would keep buying midfielders, everyone would put them in their ā€œbest 11ā€ and weā€™d see Henderson, Gini and Milner start every top tier game in the season.

3 Likes

[quote="RedOverTheWater,
On our end, given all I said about the players we have who play through the middle, I could see us getting a wide forward/winger in, not a like for like with Bobby. We would be short up front, potentially, with the departures of Mane, Origi, Minamino and now Bobby (if that happens). [/quote]

Maybe Antony of Ajax with whom we have been linked already. Albeit the links were only in the sense of pissing off Man U, of course thatā€™s always a good reason to do anything.
Antony of Ajax ā€¦ sounds like a hero of Greek mythology, or something like that.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

3 Likes

Whilst I agree that it is always good to piss of the mancs, I would rather trust our scouting team to identify who to go for, rather than relying on Mancs scouting team - I mean 80M for an imovable peice of shite should tell you enough about their judgement

If true, this one will bother me. Significantly. For now Iā€™ll choose to keep it level headed bc we all know how misinformation spreads.

All that said, I see ZERO reason to sell Bobby. Zero. Unless he has approached the club to move on, there is no legitimate footballing reason from the clubā€™s standpoint to sell Bobby right now.

EDIT: and financially, does that Ā£19M even move the needle for the club? At this moment. Not a chance. Bobby is worth more to the results than that Ā£19M would be to the bottom line. In my humble opinion.

11 Likes

Totally agree with you.

Look at our dealings, even most of the outgoings are done by mid July. No way we will sell a key player so close to the start of the season. Even if, and itā€™s a big if, Bobby wanted to move he would have made it clear at the beginning of the window. Didnā€™t he say that he wants to stay?

4 Likes

I donā€™t think it is happening.

But if there is a chance, it wonā€™t be so much because of the Ā£19M, but rather, because Bobby indicates he would like to move on.

But if Bobby is happy, Iā€™m sure we are happy. Jurgen has nailed his colors to the mast too, so Iā€™m pretty sure Bobby is staying. The next thing will be whether or not he will sign a new deal. If it expires and he moves on, he will go with our blessing. But many people have said that he could easily go on for a few years yet at a high level, since his game is not about explosive pace. Further, he is a great leader and positive character to have around.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I hope he stays for a while yet.

4 Likes