The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Guarantee you I’d be late.

1 Like

I think at the end of the season it was pretty clear Firmino wanted to stay. Who is to say whether there were any changes but, I would guess, unlikely.

There are probably plenty of reasons why the club doesn’t feel the need to tie this up right away.

5 Likes

then why did you state youd have prefered we sign Mitrovic over Darwin Nunez?

1 Like

The same reason you got Ballotelli tattooed on your thigh…

1 Like

This place is truly weird sometimes

1 Like

No its not

1 Like

@Redbj said " i actually feel like i have cramp in my thigh"

The tattooist thought he said “i actually feel like having crap on my thigh”

luckily for redbj he can make a joke of " for me balotelli will always be near bollocks"

2 Likes

Why is Mitrovic mentioned even in the unreliable thread…

:joy:

Wait what’s going here?? What am I reading…. Someone’s got Mario tattooed on their thighs???

Hey, I’ve got Link on my forearm.

It takes all types. :wink:

In the last week we have mention of:
Voronin
Biscan
Duncan
Owen
Ronaldo
Griezman
Aldridge
Ings
Lucas
Suarez…

And you are concerned about Mitrovic!!!
I think our business is done, and this is a consequence of boredom!!

I don’t see Bobby getting picked in the Brazilian NT regardless of whether he does well for Liverpool or for any other team. It’s in his best interest to stay as he won’t get another club which are especially suited to his style of play.

2 Likes

Jota is injured, it’ll take him time to come back to full match fitness and sharpness. Even disregarding that, numbers and experience-wise it doesn’t make sense why we’d be selling Bobby. We’ve just lost Mané, Origi, Minamino. Carvalho is not an out-and-out striker. Gordon is still not there yet. Not sure if/when Musialowski will get there. We’d be really short on numbers without him.

Only thing that would make sense is we have a midfield purchase in mind with the funds from the transfer.

2 Likes

Nooooo GIF

3 Likes

Be dumb at this stage to let him go.

No mention of personal terms so is this just Juve saying it’s done to their journalists to put on pressure.

Unless we have someone lined up to replace him I doubt it (CM/AM or FW potentially a Salah back up?)

Who that would be is anyones guess, all we’ve heard of comings in is Bellingham and that seemed for next season.

2 Likes

Bobby is leaving, face it. I called Mane staying, I called Mo playing out his final year, I called Bobby staying, so logically he is leaving. Or maybe new contract, but definitely leaving.

4 Likes

Have Portuguese journalists ever got anything right with us?

Still waiting for Simao & Quaresma to sign…

On the one hand I can understand the reason for Bobby to go. Darwin should now be the main man in the middle. Ok, he will have to get up to speed, but that’s what is coming. Then Jota plays his best stuff through the middle, and Carvalho looks to be a creative player for the central space between midfield and attack, albeit he is younger and may bide his time a bit more.

All that is to say, while I love Bobby, there is a lot of competition for his area of the pitch. Juventus would appeal as they challenge for the title and are a CL fixture. Can’t stand them but they are a big European club, and Serie A is a nicer pace to play your last few years than the Prem.

It makes sense.

On our end, given all I said about the players we have who play through the middle, I could see us getting a wide forward/winger in, not a like for like with Bobby. We would be short up front, potentially, with the departures of Mane, Origi, Minamino and now Bobby (if that happens).

Diaz, Darwin and Carvalho go a long way to balancing the numbers and quality, but I could see one more coming in, unless the club thinks that Kaide Gordon is closer to the first team than most expect.

2 Likes

Hmm

I assume this is recent, sounds like he said it at the presser just now.

I wonder if it’s all Juve trying to push us into a deal.

9 Likes