The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Great striker at Championship level, but the couple of times I’ve seen him in the Premier League he has not really looked that good in my opinion.

If we were to go down that route of a Championship/lower Prem player I would rather go for someone younger that we could sell in a few years for some profit like Solanke

2 Likes

Mitrovic …

As a Nat Phillips type who comes in and does a job. I saw him at PL level, and he is a good player in my opinion.

I very much doubt if Fulham would let him go, no matter how much we might offer. I wonder if Danny Ings would fancy a second go at Anfield?
Edit: I’m not saying Ings is a Nat Phillips equivalent.

We have 3 centre forward options already, hard to imagine why we’d need Mitrovic.

Could see the argument for another wide option if Ox goes, possibly, but Elliot and Carvalho might be enough.

4 Likes

Personally thinks it’s all media bullshit, to drum up some pre season controversy. Bobby has been a genuine professional and should be treated as such.

3 Likes

I mentioned Mitrovic as a Nat Phillips type to come in and “do a job”… as queried by @legalalien

I am not saying we need him, or that Fulham would sell him, or that he is better than Ings or Solanke or anyone else!!

I find this discussion about selling Bobby rather strange, irrespective of the money put on table.

We have lost Mane, our mainstay on the left. Diaz looks like will fill in that position but this will be his first full season with us.

We have Nunez, hopefully in the middle up front, which is another change to our stable front 3.

Then we will see Elliott and Fabio in the mix.

For me, with all these changes in the attacking front, Bobby is the one who can glue all together with his link up play. Stats may show he may not have scored/assisted as before, but he can be the one who can help this transition in our attacking front happen seamlessly. And that will be more than worth any money we are offered for him.

Not to forgot what the likes of Jones/Fabio/Elliott etc will learn from him training day in day out. Its like having an additional coach at no price. Like what we are doing with Milner.

5 Likes

Is this correct? They didn’t really play a lot of games, where as fitness and form allowing, Nunez probably is pencilled in for a significant number of games? As will Jota when fit and perhaps Bobby if he is staying (which I think likely) Then we have the young guns who can step in for game time.

4 Likes

Having to play in the same team as Pogba, is a very good reason NOT to sign for Juventus.

5 Likes

I don’t think we will entertain it unless it reaches something approaching Mane. They’ve gone far too late and if Firmino is happy to stay that will be it. I don’t think we are bothered with the situation on Salah resolved.

2 Likes

I guess if you look at it purely as a one out one in during the same window then no, but they’ve both fallen down the pecking order over time due to new arrivals in other windows.

Title winning season we had - Salah, Firmino, Mane, Shaqiri, Origi and Minamino arrived in the January.

Now we have - Salah, Firmino, Diaz, Nunez, Jota and Carvalho. Plus Elliott at a push.

Origi and Minamino have been upgraded on over the last couple of seasons, hence the diminishing game time and being able to let them go this summer without having to directly replace them.

We’ve Salah, Firmino, Nunez and Jota who can play centrally if needs be so not sure we need a “Nat Phillips” type forward option.

2 Likes

If we’re going to cite Elliott, we might as well cite Gordon, who’s played more first-team games for us at forward than Elliott has?

2 Likes

Hahahaha Bobby leaving?

Wish my misses looked at me like Klopp does to Si Senor

10 Likes

Dont know where else to put this but this morning I have read

• Pogba has hurt his knee, they think a meniscus injury and so will likely be out for a month or so
  • Chelsea are still looking to improve their attack and wanted to get Mukiele from RBL and floated sending Werner back there. Now mukiele has gone to PSG and they stuck with a Werner who knows he isnt wanted :sunglasses:
5 Likes

Football Managers only want 1 thing, and it’s disgusting! :rofl:

2 Likes

So, apparently they’ve now resorted to not letting Azpi and Alonso go to Barca. I’m guessing they’re miffed about Kounde going there, and maybe about Christensen.

But…sorry if I’m being thick here, but how would Mukiele solve anything for them in attack? He’s a fairly limited full back/wing back. Is it just about improvement through the absence of Werner? :smile:

They strangely seem a bit of a mess even though the deal to buy them seemed to go smoothly, I suppose churning the whole transfer system up has impacted them.

Notably they are still signing youth which I guess means that part is still in place.

As this is Liverpool this photo is Klopp’s attempt to keep our players now.

2 Likes

If you like. Kind of like a Brewster in that title winning squad. Probably too early for him but may get a few minutes off the bench and in the cups that Origi or Minamino might have picked up last season.

2 Likes

Firmino: So it all started when he hug me from behind and whisper in my ear “come by my office tonight and I will tell you where to stick it…and then…”

happy tobey maguire GIF

There is no-one on this forum who wouldn’t turn up early to Klopps office…

1 Like