The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Yes, i think Brighton are doing a great job with their scouting. They know they can’t compete with the $$ so seem to focus on some of the lesser known leagues. They play a good brand of football and probably seek a similar player to us who just isn’t as proven in one of the better leagues. Can be a bit of a gamble, but it seems to be paying off for them.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen Nunes play, but this lad has been brilliant every time I’ve seen him. He’s a fantastic mix of athleticism and technique, and the fact he’s taken to Potter’s style so well is encouraging as well.

2 Likes

Are they about to become our new Southampton?

Yes, I was thinking that. Wouldn’t be the worst feeder club to have. Could mean the player is somewhat premier league proven and should be able to adapt to Klopps style.

I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you.

Bissouma is a talent and whenever I saw them play, it was obvious that they have some very exciting talents in their ranks. However, I think the judgement about them are swayed by the Cucurella price-tag. Back in 2020, they signed two young players from Poland and both of them have been sent back (maybe on loan, I don’t remember) to Poland.

1 Like

Caicedo looks like a massive star in the making, another one here who’d love to see us sign him. I’ve only watched him a few times but I’ve been very impressed.

With our midfield being having too many players who struggle to defend the defensive transition, he’d be a step in the right direction.

7 Likes

Although I also want to see the collective meltdown that happens when Sander Berge signs, but it’s realised he’s actually quite good.

3 Likes

Berge is like 6 foot 5 right? Add Bellingham and him and we are the new giants!

Although my concern with him is he lacks the athleticism Fabinho struggles with.

We’ve never had an Ecuadorian before…

That’s a good point. I wonder how our midfield looks in a couple of years, in terms of profiles. On one hand I think we need to continue the track of having players who helps the way we build attacks and break teams down.

But then there’s also the thing you mention, having players who meets the physical demands. The basic ability of covering ground quickly.

I think Real Madrid’s last few moves are interesting. Renewing, while also maybe setting themselves up to be able to play a more intensive game.

2 Likes

You might not have had, @PeachesEnRegalia goes there monthly I’ve heard.

Yeah it was obvious after Gini’s departure that the next CM move would probably have to be more of a dynamic player. Thiago is great whenever he’s fit but it’s probably the last stage of his top level career, Keita is mostly good when he plays but not so realiable with his health and contract situation, the rest younger creative options are promising, but you can’t bank on them becoming world beaters. Millie and Hendo are getting on, so there’s room for a player sort of between the age of 21-25 who is a strong transitional player in both directions. Of course, he could be younger and good/better than some talents we already have, that’s all possible. But after Gini I think there’s room for a player like that. I don’t think we’ll do something wild in the next 10 days or so, but prepare for next summer, if there’s not another “Diaz move” in January.

4 Likes

No ways Brighton sell him now and we buy now. They have sold 2 major players already.

So is something happening or are we just flapping around on the back of a tweet?
bored waiting GIF

1 Like

I don’t think anything is happening. The club keep telling us that.

One can only hope that the white cunts in Spain don’t come in for Bellingham next season!

1 Like

All indications point to that. As we’re discussing in the other thread, we need quantity as well as quality. We should start looking elsewhere

1 Like

Of course they will. Bellingham fits the bill perfectly for them in terms of quality and media exposure.

1 Like

Got to hope they don’t sell one of their 30 year old plus centre mids for £70m odd to some desperate club this summer, thus giving them the need, the opportunity and the funds to go get him next summer…

5 Likes

So we are preparing a bid for Caicedo, I wonder will it happen before the window closes. :grinning:

1 Like

This could go into dozens of threads

4 Likes