The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Andy Heaton from TAW is saying there might be something in the Caicedo links…

Of course he is, they want people to listen to their Gutter shows :grin:

2 Likes

Didn’t Caicedo go to United.

1 Like

Seeing comments like this from Klopp that suggests he would like a player but FSG wont provide the funds is concerning and does piss me off a bit.

It suggests that?

2 Likes

Not that particular part, but the article quoting him on TIA does.

During his pre-Man United press conference, Klopp insisted that while he is happy with the group he has, he would “always look to strengthen” with the “right player.”

“Then there is another fact: we are not in charge of what we can spend. We are not. That’s the situation.

1 Like

We’re definitely signing Caicedo then :joy:. Klopp does the ‘we don’t have much money thing’ when we’re in negotiations and trying not to get rinsed.

Thats a good point! Stupidly, I hadn’t thought of that, even though its classic Klopp.
Hope your right.
I don’t have the prerequisite 10 game minimum, so can’t comment on the player, but if Klopp wants him, I’m all in!

Haven’t read or watched the interview or TIA piece but I don’t think that is being said as an ‘FSG wont provide funds’ line.

FSG out! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

That’s a bit knee jerk :yawning_face:

Charltons brother?

1 Like

Irony does not transpose well via text I feel.

I’m not surprised - he’s only played 11 times in the PL.

I am not going to try to interpret Klopp’s pre-match presser about Naby and purchases, but I really hope we aren’t giving up Naby for Caicedo. Caicedo still seems very immature in midfield, which you’d expect from a 20yo. Whereas Naby is exactly what we need right now (and AFAIK he’s not injured). If Naby gets constant grief from our fans, I’d hate to see what poor Caicedo will face…

3 Likes

BTW, Caicedo looks a handy midfielder, and perhaps is a good alternative to Tchouameni even if not the same level of talent. But I am looking at what we need this match day, this week, this month, this quarter. Out of the two, Naby IMO is without question what LFC need right now. Maybe it will be different in 12 months. Maybe Naby will break down again and this post won’t age well. But it is not this day!

…Maybe this night…

Klopp’s comments were a bit strange for me. Almost like doing your laundry in public. It could easily cause an interpretation of a slight discontent with his bosses for not being backed with a midfielder now. But on the other hand, as Mascot said, it could be a negotiating tactic to keep the price down.

Keita is prime age and should be a fixture in the side, with older players and younger players either side of him. He hasn’t put it together at Liverpool, and now he has just under a year left.

With the amount of injuries we seem to be suffering there is an excellent chance for Naby to be a main man for us, even right now if he gets the nod against Man Utd.

I can’t help but think his Liverpool career is going to fizzle out and he will leave on a Bosman, and Ox will go too, and Milner will age out, and then we are left with an older Hendo who will be phased into the Milner bit part role, Fabinho - who is getting his fair share of niggly injuries, and Thiago, a Rolls Royce of a player who can’t seem to stay fit for long enough - and my suspicion is he might have another move in him, to an easier League, to play out his last couple of years.

All this is to say, by the end of next summer we will need two midfielders. If it leaves this group, I would be ok with that:

Henderson, Fabinho, Elliott, Jones, Bellingham, Caicedo, with Bacjetic perhaps going out on a good loan and being eyed as a long term successor to Fabinho.

No Thiago?
Apologies re read ypur comment

He was the best player on the pitch last time we went to Old Trafford so I agree, no reason why he shouldn’t be again.

2 Likes

No, more likely it is Jurgen trying to say something about the difficulties of transfers (i.e that it isn’t simply a case of saying you have x amount to spend and can land any player you want) and hasn’t got the translation as precisely as he would have liked. People are then running away with the ‘FSG won’t spend’ line.

1 Like