The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I took it to mean we enquired about a player, was told the price and Ward/FSG said no they’re too expensive. Prices are ridiculous at the moment.

Cost of living crisis.

4 Likes

Don’t be silly the PL lives on in its mystical bubble.

No doubt they will bleat if they have to curb energy in the winter.

I can just imagine… no we cannot move our games to 2pm we must have them at 8pm.

1 Like

Personally think behind the scenes we are preparing to shift Keita and sign someone.

1 Like

I don’t think there is any market for Keita. He has struggled with injuries throughout his career, and he is available for a free next summer.

Clubs would be absolutely insane to drop any kind of significant fee for him. It would be a huge, huge gamble. There is every chance you could drop £25m on him and not see much of him this season anyway.

It doesn’t make much sense for Naby either. He can probably have his pick of a few clubs next summer, and trouser much more in wages/signing fees if he waits.

It also doesn’t really make any sense for Liverpool to tie him down to a new contract. He simply doesn’t justify anything other than an extension of current terms. We would rightly be extremely wary of offering him an improved deal based on his absence record so far.

This feels like everything aligning for his to depart on a free in 2023.

Shame, because he is certainly good enough for us. But it’s one of those where everyone’s best interests are served by him running down and leaving.

5 Likes

Hopefully this place gets exciting for the last week or so.

2 Likes

After that performance we must be linked with lots of new midfielders?? :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

After that performance we’ll probably be linked with Jamie bloody Redknapp!

2 Likes

Progressive passer - check
Good shot from outside the box - check
Made of lolly pop ticks - check

1 Like

Buy Caicedo before the window closes to get some legs in the midfield now. Injuries and age make us look vulnerable there, and we are getting overrun in the engine department.

Add Bellingham next summer and the midfield overhaul is complete.

1 Like

Brighton want £40m+ for him. He’s played hardly any senior games so I just can’t see it happening.

I know his court case was still going on when Spurs bought him but Bissouma should have been a classic FSG buy. Bugger!

1 Like

As soon as the off the field stuff came out, there was absolutely no chance we would go for him.

2 Likes

Honestly I feel like I’m going crazy, when you’ve got Stan Collymore saying “Sign Bellingham now.” As though that fixes anything. Bellingham, Caicedo, Wijnaldum, Superman… I don’t care who you put in there, the problem is the shape not the players .

This was our shape in possession tonight

---------------------GK----------------------
----RCB---------------------------LCB—
RWB------------DM-CF-----------LWB
RW-RCM----------------------LCM-LW

Don’t care who you play in that system, it cannot consistently win football games.

12 Likes

What would you propose? It literally worked a great last season and it suddenly doesn’t work because of the system?

We out run by them. Just it. Our high intensive football now is low intensive one because our midfield is slow and static, cannot cover Fb or join attack group. Salah and Diaz is pushed wide by scum plans not our plans. Our mid provide zero run them countless time Diaz or Salah receives the ball without passing option. How the fuck they attack the box with no one support?

We were not playing this system last season. We were nowhere near as focused on getting players into wide areas, Salah/Mane/Diaz were much more central and the centre midfielders covered the defence instead of pushing into high and wide areas.

We’ve made a conscious change, the only rationale I can think of is to get the CMs more involved in creating chances but to do so we’ve stripped them of defensive responsibility.

Robertson and Trent are being put in positions to fail. Asked to both push up high and create chances while also expecting them to defend the channels when we don’t have the ball.

We need to go back to how we played last season, it is not the same.

8 Likes

I hear you. Usually our signings are a long time in the making, but the data on him is scant, as he has barely played.

I don’t know why, but I just like the look of him. Definitely raw, but pace, and seems to like a tackle. His rise seems rapid, so I’m sure we can harness his natural athletic gifts to great effect.

It would be a gamble as the data isn’t there yet, but going old school, I like the eye test on him.

The main point for me is we need some legs in the midfield, pronto, as we are getting overrun.

Caicedo now. Bellingham next summer. Jobs a good un.

3 Likes

I do think there is something in the pipeline.

Klopp’s comments were mostly not easy to clarify but it seems like there is one that might be able to be done late in the window.

Who that is I don’t think any of us know.

Has there been any news Keita is injured? Or is it still this mystery ‘illness’ ie. back injury ie. leaving?

1 Like

Even Klopp was shocked as well!