The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

But we don’t typically buy players for that kind of fee AND that would want those wages on day one. Sure, big fee and £100k a week mark we’ve done a couple times and Thiago at £200k a week but a reduced fee. But both big fee and big wages, we just haven’t done that and I don’t see us doing that for a midfielder Klopp didn’t think we needed this time last week.

I like the look of Laimer. I quite like Sander Berge to be honest. Couldn’t be bothered with Neves or Tielemans.
I hope we get one in though, not even so much for their impact this season, but just so we don’t have to bed in two new midfielders at once next season.

1 Like

He has a worse injury record than Keita! So no thanks.

1 Like

Yeah, hard pass

Fair play!

A 9-0 win, with several midfielders out, is sort of obfuscating the need for a good midfielder. After the first three games the need seemed overwhelming, and many were thinking we would get someone good, who can play now and also remain standing as the whole department is refreshed over the next year or so.

And now it’s all gone quiet, and it feels a bit like if we do sign someone, it will be more of a low key squad man.

I might be reading it wrong, but the climate around the possible incoming midfielder seems to have shifted in light of a big win against an easy opponent.

We have some tough games coming up, and if results remain iffy, and injuries remain a constant such that we can never quite get our best players on the pitch for a sustained run at it, the lack of a commanding signing for the midfield will bite us.

3 Likes

Only because the press momentarily had something else to focus on. If there was movement happening before the game, we’re not going to have changed our mind as a result of one result at home against relegation contenders.

4 Likes

The club can’t possibly be as naïve or complacent to think that the midfield problem has gone away, even after that walk over.

Can it? :roll_eyes:

We’re about to see if we have any proper irons in the fire for a quality midfielder for now. I hope we do, and we manage to get the deal done, as we are short in the department and can’t depend on several of them, not necessarily in terms of quality, but definitely in terms of fitness.

We don’t go to the press with a list of players, tell them who we are going get only to pay for way over the odds.

We had that Marseille defender on the runway before it broke down and people found out.

I do wonder if we are trying to do two. Perhaps the Celtic lad, Klopp will want a starter but it seems an odd rumour.

Ignore FDJ as that is your typical easy rumour and Tielmanns the other links I would reckon have more than a grain of truth.

Sander Berge would be ok but that injury record is a no no.

5 Likes

Hmm…?

1 Like

Likewise, I don’t think we’ll have changed our minds because of one result away against relegation contenders…

Which still makes me think there’s bad news for at least one of our midfielders that caused Jürgen to change his mind.

3 Likes

Probably Keita

2 Likes

No chance of a new signing now with 3 players back in training, wtf could they not wait until the window closes. :grinning::grinning:

Looks like John needs to spend the money on makeup/skin treatments and a decent feed, poor guy.

1 Like

Linda is sucking him dry…

1 Like

He’s a lucky man :man:

2 Likes

I don’t think this changes a lot.

erection GIF