The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

We need two, possibly three (to replace Ox, Keita, Milner)

1 Like

:+1:t4:

I agree I was a bit…melodramatic…

1 Like

Hope Arthur isn’t reading this. FFS. You’ll never walk alone, eh?

3 Likes

Klopp said it himself, he said we tried for one player and he went elsewhere and the other options are catagorically not available.

Mel just added to that if you want to ignore what well connected journalists say just because it doesn’t suit your agenda. Well what can you say…

I have no idea if we don’t sign Bellingham, but not really arsed I’m very excited about how Elliott and Carvalho look and what they’ll do this season.

1 Like

So, we’re not allowed to be underwhelmed by someone who’s been underwhelming? I’m going to cheer for him like I cheer for all the reds but you can’t say that he’s been pulling up trees at Juve

1 Like

We could give the lad a chance?

7 Likes

Arthur used to be very good. I remember Koon ( an expert member in TIA) dream about him and Rodryo

1 Like
3 Likes

We are making a low risk loan signing of a player who possesses significant quality.

Its not Bellingham, who we may or may not sign next year. Who may or may not be the panacea for all our midfield shortcomings…

Its not Barkley, who has peoples knickers in a twist because of a simple question the other day…

Its maybe somewhere in between.

4 Likes

[quote=“Draexnael, post:2835, topic:2623, full:true”]

I think she mentioned Gravenberch rather than Vitinha, but I could be wrong.

Also it seems to be accepted as fact that we tried for Laimer but were rebuffed as Bayern have been all summer.
That’s maybe the one where, to Walshy’s point, if we’d have put an extra £20mill on the table we might have been able to get it done with it being the last year of his contract.
We’d lose the sense of value for money and potentially impact future moves but we’d have a lad in the squad now who we want for multiple years and who could be settled into the system by the time another new midfielder arrives next summer.

1 Like

Yes you’re right, it was Gravenberch.

We could have also been told by Laimer he wants to join Bayern on a free, which has been rumoured for around 12 months. So it’s irrelevant how much we were willing to “overspend”.

Hasn’t Laimer got one year left on his deal? Bit weird from RB to knock back offers.

Yes but the rumours are he’s already agreed to join Bayern next summer on a free.

I’m not going say anymore on this but I expect we sign Bellingham and if not we will sign Leimar and if not we will have a couple of names listed that we will sign.

We say it’s great to let Elliott and Carvalho play and then we demand we have several players on top. You’ve got a route for Bajetic to come in.

Milner isn’t getting a new deal unless it comes with a coaching role.

We signed Nunez and Diaz there are plenty of pacey wingers with nothing more and lots more tall strikers without anything that could have saved us about 80m.

Why do you think when we sign a player they fit like a glove. Diaz who I knew so little of is as quick as Suarez to adapt to our team.

Nunez I expect once he settles will do the same. People go how do Liverpool do it? Because they aren’t approaching it like some bloke on FM. So there is probably a long list of players just so little time to set the framework down.

We will confirm on Bellingham very soon or not and our desires will go with it. Yes that CM is injury prone but it also is stocked to overflowing. I would have said Gomez and Konate would have started a fair amount of games as it was VVD missed I think one or two and Matip saw an entire season. It was as unlikely that would happen as any of the current CM staying fit.

Yes we should have moved once Ox was long term but it seems we started to look after Keita. As for selling them both to who? Yes I think the club should have tried to spend more on that CM but I can totally see why they didn’t.

As for Man Utd they are a global financial crash away from collapsing. I don’t really see what their plan is.

3 Likes

“Sign someone! Anyone! We need more bodies in midfield!”

“Liverpool are finalising a deal for Arthur Melo”

“No not him”

:upside_down_face:

8 Likes

I am having pain seeing this discussion on Melo…is this a symptom of Arthur-ritis?

2 Likes

Still no thread on Arthur Melo?

I know you’re trying to be funny but if you noticed, any player who was floated out as an idea got immediately rebuffed by everyone here if they had a bad injury record. First time go was Berge who at 24 already has a horrific injury record.

Arthur Melo doesn’t look afar from that

1 Like

Hardly seems worth the effort at this point lol

Also just to make a point on ITKs, this guy was on the loan market and not one of them thought we’d go for him.

1 Like