The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

And as gambles go itā€™s like putting a quid on Barca youā€™ll likely win but they may produce one of those displays.

1 Like

For what itā€™s worth, one of my best friends is an avid Juventus supporter and heā€™s laughing his head off. He never liked him.

Yeah and theyā€™re idiots, literally the worst run club around why the fuck would anyone look to them for inspiration.

What on earth are you talking about? Asking for midfield replacements we have practically needed to for some time and nothing happening is being ā€œspoilt bratsā€?

Fine, listen, despite their purchases, Chelsea looks dodgy (although Fofana might help out). And despite their buys Tottenham are underwhelming (still unbeaten and might put it together).

Other than that everyone is performing much better and except for Bournemouth the league as a whole looks stronger.

Without adequate midfield reinforcement there is no guarantee we will be making top 4 (forget anything else)

3 Likes

Who are ā€œtheyā€ exactly?

As far as opinions on this forum go it seem to be Bellingham or no one. Wonder whatā€™ll happen if Bellingham isnā€™t for sale next summer or decides to go elsewhere instead. Then what will the excuse be for not doing anything?

You mean Kloppā€™s opinion, as heā€™s publically said multiple times.

1 Like

I actually think Bellingham happens and I actually think this is part of the reason.

4 Likes

Also City arenā€™t smashing everyone. They lost to us a month ago 3-1 and looked very ordinary, drew 3-3 with Newcastle last week and should have been 3-0 down at home with 10 men at the weekend if it wasnā€™t for some very dodgy refereeing.

The only teams theyā€™ve smashed are Bournemouth and Forest - teams that will get smashed every week.

6 Likes

Weā€™re literally signing a midfielder, the spoilt brats comment is to all those crying heā€™s not the right midfielderā€¦ Yet yesterday there were calls for Barkely, Diaz etc.

The Arthur who played at Barca was as good as any midfielder mentioned on this forum for us to sign this summer.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed we can bring in Barkley today too, then everyone will be happy.

3 Likes

Klopp has said itā€™s Bellingham or no one on multiple occasions? Pretty sure I heard him say he made a mistake and we did need a midfielder. Not sure anyone, including Klopp expected that to be a washed up, half fit lad that couldnā€™t get into an average Juve team.

Also doesnā€™t answer the question of what happens if itā€™s all in on Bellingham and it doesnā€™t come off next year. Will we then compromise on targets or will we give Milner another extension and try and get Artur back on loan again whilst we wait for the next perfect option?

1 Like

It is about time we do what the italian clubs do and play the loan market!

The same Klopp who spent the first 90% of the window getting snarky with anyone who suggested we might buy a midfielder, before admitting he was wrong about a week ago?

Mel Reddy confirmed this on her TAW podcast. So yes this is what Klopp has said, Tchouameni, Vitinha and Bellingham seemed to be our shortlist.

What if Arthur regains his Barca form? Heā€™s 26, he could take over from Thiago as the left sided center midfielder who controls the game (something we are crying out for when Thiago is injured).

What happens when Jones steps up as I think he will? Heā€™s 21.
What happens when Elliott becomes our starting right sided center mid? Heā€™s 19.

This is a good signing but with some risk.

3 Likes

Melo is better than some of the suggestions made by posters in here and on twitter, but I still donā€™t expect much from him. At least he looks a natural fit in that left sided 8 position that is giving us grief.

Itā€™s low risk, but that will be scan consolation if heā€™s shit. So wait and see on this.

With this only being a loan move we should be in prime position next summer to sign exactly the right type of player for our midfield, there will be no excuses then as weā€™ll have made space through departures.

1 Like

I guess this guy has a point to prove and will be extremely happy to get a new chance. So if we really do a very unusual deadline day transfer, i am ok with a loan deal for now, at least itĀ“s not a panic buy!

LetĀ“s wait and see what Klopp will do with him. We could do much worse, it really is no Steven Caulker type of signing tbf. This guy can really play football.

Who is better player?

1 Like

So Mel Reddy said it, not Klopp. Thank you for clearing that up.

Lot of what ifā€™s youā€™re chucking out there. None as likely as Ox, Keita, Thiago and Henderson picking up injuries which is why some people were crying out for a midfielder before we got to this point of the window.

And again, what happens if Bellingham isnā€™t available to us next summer? We must have a contingency plan in that instance because we wonā€™t be able to not do something and we certainly wonā€™t be able to get Tchouameni or Vitiniha.

Itā€™s about as underwhelming a signing as we could perhaps have come up with. And it looks like itā€™s only been instigated after Henderson picked up an injury last night which makes you question how serious we actually were about finding one prior to that injury.

2 Likes

I think most likely is weā€™ve known of Arthurā€™s availability for a few months but had targets like Tchouameni, Vitinha, Laimer etc. When none of them were available our scope of transfers moved down to the next ā€˜tierā€™ of player which Arthur sits in. We donā€™t really want to sign from that tier so weā€™ve decided itā€™s better to hold our ground and see what happens with the market.

However, with Henderson now injured too and the window nearly over we felt like ā€œfuck it better to have Arthur than no oneā€.

I donā€™t think heā€™ll tear up any trees here but I do think the club have identified him as a match tactically with what we do, because thatā€™s how we scout and operate. I think itā€™s also pretty clear though that we didnt really want to bring him in but felt forced to by time and injuries.

Not exactly ā€˜pick a player from a hatā€™ but not an ideal situation either.

2 Likes