The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

YouTube scouting alert

Looks press-resistant and seems to put a shift in defensively. Actually think he’s quite quick too, particularly with the ball at his feet so don’t agree with whoever said he’s got the turning circle of a container ship.

Should be fine, still don’t expect much more than that, and I doubt the club do either.

7 Likes

Would have been perfectly alright with this deal if it was made before the start of the league

1 year loan for an established player to serve as backup.

3 Likes

I mean, one could theoretically say the same about Keïta…

2 Likes

Where has it been said he’s a back up? Brazilian international footballer in his prime in terms of age - maybe he comes in, does well, plays every week.

1 Like

Isn’t that even better? AT the end of the season, he leaves while we pick up the players we actually want/clear a pathway to the first team for players like Clarkson, Morton, or Bajcetic?

1 Like

The fact that he does come in under Loan with no buy option/clause.

He’s a backup as things stand now. Will play quite a lot of football in the league/fa cups as well as PL/CL matches( we obv can need the cover there… Allows Klopp to use his other midfielders without running them to the ground.

If he’s proven to be a good fit , we can then atleast see out the season and work on the other transfers.

4 Likes

FIFY.

Seems this is on:

2 Likes

As opposed to Trent’s attempt at a penetrative pass that led to the Newcastle goal

3 Likes

Would have ideally wanted one more signing on loan across. Maybe the club will do that in Jan. If anything, just some bench strength to keep the youth progressing in the cups and also to ensure the main midfielders get enough gametime.

This is one of the few times the club I daresay made a mistake by not giving Pedro chrivella enough game time. He would have been a handy fit as a substitute

I think this may have become a reality already.

But a word of warning, I have it on good authority that Elliot is not getting any younger…

Rather we signed no one tbh.

One of the biggest clubs in the world resorting to a loan deal in summer ffs.

It’s obvious we have no money so let’s wait until 2023 when the inevitable plan of selling Mo for 100m to fund Jude takes place.

That would be beyond stupid. We only have 3 fit starting level midfielders right now. Milner can only be used as a late sub.

12 Likes

Also ,a bit worrying that none of our midfielders who were sent out on loan really kicked on to be solid PL caliber players( not including Elliot)

Maybe the recent lot will buck the trend.

Never heard of Artur Melo but he looks like a world-beater on YT so that’s nice :laughing:

Possible it was Juve refusing a buy option as they’re confident he’ll do well in the prem and will raise his price tag next summer.
Nobody knows for sure.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if one of our Brazilians pointed him out to Klopp and i don’t see any downside here. We’re probably losing Keita, Ox and Millie next year, perhaps Klopp wants a look at Melo and if he fits in replace those 3 with Jude, Melo and Laimer or any 2 of those.

Judging solely from youtube it has to be said there are a few similarities to Thiago and i doubt many would argue that he’s the biggest miss in our team. We have cover for Fab or Hendo but no player similar to Thiago. If Melo hits the ground running he will be good cover and if not we’ve not wasted much.

As for the people moaning we didn’t pay extra to get a better player perhaps that just wasn’t an option and not the club being tight. Besides, i’ve always agreed 100% with our stance that we get the players we want or no-one. If it’s a choice between spending on Laimer now or Jude next year (and possible Laimer on a free if he isnt going to Bayern) then Melo makes a lot of sense.

9 Likes

Interesting take. Can’t say I agree - it’s as much an indication that the club aren’t willing to be shafted on fee’s for players they’re not convinced are the right ones for us. The club have shown time and time again they will wait to secure the right player - if that means waiting a year and loaning a Brazilian international for a year, that seems more than reasonable.

The chases for both Gravenberch and Tchoumeni, that unfortunately were not successful, shows the club were willing to drop the money for the right players. Ofcourse, a lot is then made of that money being used for Nunez - but again I believe the club spend when it’s the right players.

Mo’s not going anywhere unless the wheels fall off and we finish outside the Top 4 - which I don’t see happening.

5 Likes

If he does well and feels at home I think we will do a deal at some point.

2 Likes

Looks decent , and fairly Hendo like in this one: