The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

On the basis of that video I am all in :)… I know… I know

2 Likes

None were expected to be PL ready this season. Last season we only had Ben Woodburn, Leighton Clarkson and Jake Cain as centre midfielders out on loan.

1 Like

Underwhelming Christian name though right?

We do like a pale, blue-eyed Brazilian.

:joy:

Is that the Royal we?

1 Like

He came through Gremio’s academy too

The passing in that video certainly didn’t leave me impressed given these are his highlights. Lots of heavy touches, passes behind a running player instead of ahead of him…

I’m absolutely happy to give him a chance at the club though. His close control and ability to read, and evade an approaching player is very Thiago-y. Quick brain. Opposite of Hendo :grimacing:.

How is he out of possession?

1 Like

Is that good?

2 Likes

FFS :man_facepalming:t4:

Arthur - Injury history | Transfermarkt

1 Like

Yup

Im delighted we are getting him, don’t know much about him but i trust Klopp and co when it comes to recruitment.

2 Likes

I had the same thought when it happened a couple years back. Smacks of some sort of money laundering style operation. And he having played just around 20 games per year with that high “fee”, it just adds to the speculation.

With Kabak, all youtube and “scouts” said he had pace. But from the first moment he actually ran in our shirt, you could see that Big Nat could beat him in a 20 yard dash, and Kabak would only beat Rhys Williams with the aid of VAR tolerance at the finish line.

My theory is that all the so called scouts that said he had recovery pace were all not going from the eye test but from a random twitter account that mentioned it and all took it as gospel.

Only saving grace is that Melo seems to have some pedegree, so maybe Klopp can squeeze something useful out of him.

1 Like

Not sure but when he was in possession, he was crawling on the ceiling and speaking in 5 different languages. It was scary.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Really hope I am wrong but this guy isn’t going to adapt quickly (or at all) to PL. He seems to love time on the ball like Thiago but he isn’t as strong nor as quick as Alcantara and I expect he’ll be caught in possession and we’ll be exposed on the counter all the fucking time. Hopefully like with Kabak we can hold it together and squeak the victories until hendo etc retunr.

1 Like

Don’t temp fate, the one might bring the other…… No zig without zag.

Shit, we need to get a replacement in IMMEDIATELY.

1 Like

Just the one? After 3 have left?

Agree. Nottingham Forest have an exciting young talent whose contract runs out at the end of this season. Jesse Benjamin Button Lingard. We should break our transfer record to get him in this window rather than compete with all other clubs come January.