The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

[quote=“Worgan, post:2920, topic:2623, full:true”]

You genuinely think you’re being funny?

I laughed

Seems to have great defensive abilities, something we desperately need

1 Like

How did he play under Sarri ? If any were following him closely that season ?

1 Like

Delighted to be getting a player out of desperation…on loan?

We’re one of the top 3 clubs in world football and we can’t even fork out 20m on Luiz or Tielemans.

1 Like

We currently have 3 midfielders fit, we got the bitters on Saturday early and will probably suffer more knocks or worse so a player that has played for barca and juv is very welcome by me. Tielemans under Klopp ha ha ha.

3 Likes

Maybe we’re one of the top three clubs in the world because we don’t spend 20m on players like Luiz or Tielemans? Just a thought…

11 Likes

So when he says he’s available for Everton our medical department are like…

Oh No Fah GIF by Foil Arms and Hog

Me too…I feel like a verbal agreement is already in place. That could change, of course, for a number of reasons, but stil…

1 Like

Might have been swayed due to the Brazilian connection…

Is this a fair reflection of what he is as a player ?

From youtube and other stats.

His main role defensively seems to be that of being able to recieve the ball under pressure and play quick decisive passes. That is defending under the front foot.

Don’t think it is enough to say that he’s got great defensive abilities. Will be very likely to get dominated in the air.

The only role I see for him is under a change of formation (which Klopp can get forced into if he has to restrict the number of midfielders he can expose)

We’ve run out of players to sell to balance the books before we can buy the 40 50m players.

Just a thought.

1 Like

Here is another thought.

You’ve seen the club elevated into a ‘top three in the world position’ and now you’re calling for the club to abandon the strategy that has led them to be top three in the world, and the justification you using is that we’re a top three in the world club.

I don’t get it.

12 Likes

It’s a mark of where this has gone, and possibly my exposure to a collective concern to filters in unknowingly, but I dont hate it.

6 weeks ago I said De Jong was the right sort of player but the wrong specific player because his motivation and readiness to play have to be questioned for what has happened to him at Barca. Arthur is De Jong on steroids, has been a bit part player for 4 years and was even moved to Juve primarily as a money laundering exercise. And yet I hear this is who we are resorting to and…

Joaquin Phoenix Reaction GIF

7 Likes

Abandon the strategy how?

By buying the shit 20m player just to get a body in and faffing up our ability to get the right player later on down the line, p’raps?

4 Likes

Stepped away from the forum and returned to 200 posts of melo-drama

4 Likes

Throwing twenty million at lads like Tielemans or Luiz. Two lads that, as far as I know we’ve never been interested in, and don’t seem to suit us. The very definition of a panic buy.

We’ve never thrown silly money around like this under Klopp, and that is a big reason for where we find ourselves in footballs pecking order.

3 Likes

How are they shit though? Please explain.

We have signed players for less than 20m under Klopp btw.