The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

On a free and a reasonable wage it can be very appealing I’d imagine.

1 Like

If it happens, someone should be fired, even for a performance related contract.

No ones putting the boot in…it’ll keep him out for 6 months if we do :rofl:

I think clubs have wised up to this now.
The player gets serious/ loads of long terms injuries, contracts expire and they think they will earn better elsewhere -the players cannot get the money the want, slip down the leagues and disappear.

I dont think many a tear will be shed when Nabby leaves the club. You cannot miss what youve never really had.

I wouldnt bat an eyelid if he turned up at Chelsea etc - he wont get on the pitch for them either.

For his own body he needs to move to a warmer climate like Spain or Italy to help his muscles.

2 Likes

Yeah I think he ends up somewhere outside of the PL as well.

He will join his mate Sadio

Well it was fun for a bit to hear of rumors of Liverpool double-dipping for Bellingham and Moukoko.

Now we’re hearing excuses leaked from LFC that they won’t even be able to afford Bellingham.

LMAO FSG is an absolute JOKE!!

2 Likes

Is that really a surprise? It’s beginning to look like he will break the world record transfer fee this summer. Only state sponsored clubs will be able to afford him.

2 Likes

2 games from the greatest season in history.

2 Likes

With the money that Bellingham is going to cost we can easily get two top midfielders, or at least talents who are on the cusp of becoming top midfielders.

Let’s get Moukoko instead from Dortmund, he looks promising.

I suspect he was named after the parents listened to the hit song Kokomo backwards.

Moukoko is nailed on to happen. His biggest weakness is his injury proneness.

2 Likes

As you said nailed on🎭

1 Like

If we are going spend 100m I’d prefer we buy two who are decent enough, Bellingham is carrying a premium anyhow.

Can’t see it costing 100m if our scouting gets it right, problem is I hope we have a list rather than a name if it is true about the Brighton player though I expect we might be back for him in Jan.

The thing that pisses me off about Jude is that for the last two years we’ve had this 'dont piss of Dortmund; let’s be nice ‘cos of Klopp and it will help us get players’. What a crock - ultimately we’re just suiting Dortmund who keep coming in and pinching english players cheaply then flogging them on for crazy prices after they’ve had a few years of Bundesliga experience. We missed out on Jude before but, rather than letting Dortmund just develop him, we should have been back next summer and used all our leverage to try and get him then or ink a deal with Dortmund for the following summer. There is absolutely no point trying a gentleman’s agreement with them as they will just wait until cheaty and real etc start an auction and will ignore any groundwork we’ve done - far better to unsettle from the outset. To be honest I’m roundly sick of the corrupt ‘FFP’ setup and if we can’t change it then we should be punching down hard on the likes of Dortmund and looking to relieve them of their players - they already have a taste for it with Bayern.

*Edited to remove the OTT offensive word.

2 Likes

An absolute joke based on…

Rumours from “journalists” months ahead of any possible transfer?

Brady Bunch K GIF

To be honest, I think we look at the back door to signing him, Jobe who from all reports is even better.

Get Jobe in January, then we can negotiate with we have the family link for Jude to link up with little bro, and if needed we can offer Jobe as a multi year loan to Dortmund to bring Jude’s price down.

4 Likes

That’s assuming any of your assertions here are true to begin with.

I’m certainly willing to believe that the club are interested in Bellingham; that makes complete sense.

Did we?

Your first assertion doesn’t matter to this point. Dortmund will still do that regardless because they’ve demonstrated a keen interest in developing young players, and can demonstrate that they’ve given the players the opportunities to become stars, that they probably would not get in England.

And you propose we do this… how? What sort of leverage do you think the club has here?

Hard disagree. The club has its ethics and stands by them. It’s a hollow victory, we might as well just give up and support City instead.

1 Like

Yeah, exactly. All this sage ‘well we wait for who we want if they’re not available this year because look at VVD’ fails to take into account the rapacious nature of the transfer market if a player is showing signs of becoming a true star, the greed of the selling club and the fact that the player himself might be looking elsewhere as he realizes the leverage and pull he possesses.

Sometimes you just have to pull the trigger. At this point it’s highly unlikely that the price for him next summer is going to be less than what we could have got him for this summer had we really gone in on negotiating.

3 Likes

True and even if Lfc are willing to break their transfer fee record, there is no way they will also break their salary cap for a teenager. This transfer rumour is dead in the water in my opinion.