The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Why would that be a factor if Spain has more lenient rules? Surely any EU constraints would apply to them too.

1 Like

Ox :x: (out)
Son :white_check_mark: (in)

Restrictions could have been lifted any time the government wanted but of course that wasnt part of the conversation. I believe there was a reassessment of visa criteria after Brexit to allow “the best” economic immigrants from outside of Europe.

As it is it wouldnt be surprising to see those measures lowered even further because the country is screaming out for increased immigration labour.

3 Likes

Yep Yes GIF by zoefannet

And yet Leaky Sue wants restrictions to go further (see student visas).

Sunak isn’t the moderate they pretend he is.

1 Like

La Liga only allow 3 or 5 non-EU players. 3 in the match day squad. Typically the non-EU players apply for Spanish citizenship when they can or another EU country citizenship if possible.

The ancestry rules make it pretty easy for South Americans to get Spanish citizenship as well.

1 Like

Italian rules are far less restrictive than ours currently, if Italian rules for say Brazilians applied to Irish to English I’d have got a passport years ago.

Really? Surely Irish being EU would have an advantage

Being Irish is always an advantage!

2 Likes

Doesn’t go back enough generations to cover me, for my ex it did in Italy.

Sky Germany linking us with a move for Laimer in Jan, anyone seen much of him?

RB Leipzig’s Laimer on Liverpool’s midfield list

Liverpool are working to sign a central midfielder in the winter transfer window, according to Sky Germany.

RB Leipzig’s Konrad Laimer is one of the names on the club’s list.

The 25-year-old’s contract expires in 2023 and Sky Germany understand that he will not extend his deal and is interested in a move to the Premier League.

Laimer is currently injured but hopes to return in January. He is also a target for Bayern Munich.

Sky Germany also understand that Liverpool have plans for significant investment in next year’s summer transfer window.

Haha the bolded bit is like beyond parody.

3 Likes

He was one of the names we were being linked to in the summer wasn’t he?

Yeah, I’d be a bit worried his ankle seems fucked nearly a year lost through an broken ankle and now a badly sprained one over 3 seasons.

100% off to Bayern.

He’s got “Liverpool midfielder” written all over him.

9 Likes

Cental midfielder ftom RB Leipzig who is injured,

Alarm bells are already ringing for me

2 Likes

If Keita and Ox are set on leaving and also hope of going on a free somewhere… well if there is no money to recoup on them at the seasons end, maybe a swop deal might be done in Jan so we at least get some value back on them…!

Extremely fast, high energy, combative. All of the things we’re missing in midfield. Not great technically, but not terrible either.

All based on 19/20 season though. Watched quite a lot of Leipzig and was calling for us to sign Laimer back then. Been injured frequently since so it makes much less sense now.

One of the reasons I’ve warmed to the idea of signing Neves is the fact he’s almost bulletproof, at least until he comes here. He doesn’t have the athleticism of a player like Laimer but at least he can play more than 3 games in a row.

4 Likes

Not sure about Laimer, due to ankle injury issues. Apart from that he would be a good signing, cheap in January or Bosman in summer. And his attributes would add to what is missing for us.

But that ankle?

Since one of the biggest problems we have had is in getting the midfield talent we do have onto the pitch, even on a Bosman, I would probably swerve Laimer.

Now, if he was a third midfielder and the other two were Bellingham and Caicedo, the risk is minimized and at that point, so why not?

But if we are going to count on him to play regularly and not sign others to cover the risk, it’s the ankle, innit. Swerve.

3 Likes