The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

We could be preparing something with Enzo Fernandez on the player level (not with Benfica), in case we fail to get Bellingham and need to move quickly to an alternative target.

But still, everything seems unreliable so far.

2 Likes

Well, that is some cover for injuries to Diaz and Jota!

1 Like

I wonder how much of it could be running interference? Itā€™s been reported ometimes that when two clubs are chasing the same players they may do a gentlemanā€™s agreement to not go after the same players. Real have already been linked with Enzo as they have with Bellingham so perhaps our interest in Enzo is with a view to dropping out if they step away from Bellingham?

:smile:

Always thought it was a bloke named Dave.

Fabā€™s wife is definitely the boss of that household :rofl:

ā€œYour wife is your husbandā€.

:joy:

1 Like

Lets be honest mate, if she told me to get on all 4 and beg like a dog, Iā€™d spend the night howling at the moon

1 Like

Of course. Some of us like that sort of FLR anyway :wink: :rofl:

Well this thread just took a turnā€¦

So Enzo then?

Anyhow if you believe that Real suddenly fancy Bellingham after the World Cup then youā€™ll believe anything.

Then it is Marca and I think their entire readership is based on that premise.

3 Likes

Getting this thread back on trackā€¦

Liverpool target Enzo Fernandez, 21, will not be leaving Benfica unless an interested party meets the Argentina midfielderā€™s release clause of 120m euros (Ā£103.2m). (90min)

1 Like

Pathetic thin-skinned twat.

1 Like

Boycott!

I donā€™t think @redfanman is that bad, personally.

3 Likes

December 15, so far we have decent links to Bellingham and Enzo, for next summer. One of them is more likely than two, and there will be lots of competition.

Most observers would say we need someone in January, to boost our top four prospects, given the availability record, and old age if relied on too much, of too many of the current midfield group.

Arguably a midfield signing now is paying out too much wages, as we have about nine first team midfielders on the books, but hopefully we take that ā€˜overpaymentā€™ on the chin as we get ready to see up to half the current group depart in summer.

One complicating factor is the injuries starting to hit us in the forward line too.

If we sign one player in January, maybe Kudus should be the one? Versatile enough to help the midfield and the forwards, and when the dust settles on all the expected outgoings and hoped for incomings in summer, Kudus will still very much have a part to play here, in a refreshed and younger squad.

Then again, perhaps we will sign an out and out midfielder, and if it is not one of the two expensive players we are linked with, perhaps Amrabat is the one we go for? Obviously he has had an excellent World Cup, but Iā€™m sure if we sign him it will be based on a much wider data set.

But if we signed Amrabat, what would that say to the current group? I donā€™t mean players who are expected to leave in summer, like Keita, Ox and Milner. Iā€™m talking about players who are at the older end of the scale, Henderson, Thiago and especially Fabinho, as Amrabat plays in his position.

Peak Fabinho is better than Amrabat. But is peak Fabinho coming back? Is it just form, and tiredness? While that issue is being resolved, we canā€™t let the games slip by where we keep getting overrun in midfield, so if we do end up signing Amrabat, he replaces Fabinho for me, unless and until Fabinho makes an irresistible case, this season, to be included ahead of the Moroccan machine.

1 Like

Rice and Bellingham in Jan. I want me puddinā€™ now!

1 Like

rice, bellingham or enzo arent arriving in jan.