The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

In the league we did because the A list requirements are more forgiving for kids. In the CL kids need to have been at the club for 2 years to qualify for the B list and as 3 of our kids didnt meet that requirement had to be registered on the full A list (Carvalho, Ramsay and Bajcetic). Bajcetic joined us midseason so will have been here 2 full years once the next round of squads have to be submitted, so I wonder if that will now allow him to be included on the B list with Elliot and Jones and free up a spot for Gapko?

2 Likes

Two teams that are willing to pay the release clause and both are willing to go further to get him I suppose ā€¦

Nar, if itā€™s for a higher figure than the release it will because of the overall structure of the dealā€¦payed in installments factoring in non-guaranteed add ons.

1 Like

My understanding is release clauses have to be paid in a lump sum (open to correction) so if they are offering more itā€™ll be structured in a more affordable manner for the teams bidding; in other words - not all in one payment

1 Like

Aye, Im not going to lose sleep over who may miss out as there are plenty of options. But whatever happens its going to require a ruthless decisions. And I think more to the point it drives home a nuanced point that weā€™re not remotely short of players, just ones you can rely on. And the ruthlessness is going to have to extend to this summer in a slightly overdue exodus of 3-4 of those players as that is going to be needed to make room for the new blood everyone is predicting will be coming in

2 Likes

Pure theory on my part but surely if we spunk 100-odd million on either Bellingham or Enzo then we unregister Bajcetic?
I know heā€™s looking like a promising talent, but currently doesnā€™t hold a candle to the two we might bring in and would be foolish to keep him as a registered midfielder in the CL over one of those two

Nah definitely a midfielder mate.

5 Likes
2 Likes

arnold schwarzenegger doubletake GIF

I read a report that said it was Newcastle that were in for ENZO not LFCā€¦

Imagine the goldbridge meltdown if we gazzump them to Fernandez as well

1 Like

United are involved.

Never forget the time they let Fellainiā€™s release clause run out only to pay 4 million more in the same window.

3 Likes

Im pretty sure central to that was the club trying to sign Thiago, and Moyes vetoing it for concerns over his ability to cope with the pace of the Prem and only after then listening to Moyesā€™ desire to bring in Felliani.

3 Likes

Blind? As in Daley Blind, the 32 year old ex Manc with zero pace?

No thanks. Last thing we need. Would rather offer Milner another year

I thought the Fernandez links had been disavowed ?

Confused now.

Let me clarify: itā€™s all gossip and speculation. Nobody knows anything. Donā€™t believe anything in the media.

There. Hope thatā€™s made things clearer for you.

6 Likes

Not even 24 hours ago United couldnā€™t afford to spend Ā£40m on Gakpo. Now we are supposed to believe they can lash Ā£100m on Enzo.

Letā€™s face it, weā€™ve been linked to a 101 players someone will be right.

As proved by the signing of Gakpo. We will certainly sign someone weā€™ve been linked with. And none of these Twitter folks will have had any inside knowledge on it.

2 Likes

will that lie down be before, after or in lue of a cold shower?

1 Like

Its all rumour and speculation