The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Don’t think he’s built up his following (most of any reporter around) for “spouting nonsense” do you?

I’m talking about you hehehehe

What nonsense have I spouted as facts exactly?

I’ve said for me he’s 1 of the most credible about and he’s far more active and covers news all over Europe, not just a region…this is my opinion based on what I see and follow.

If you or anyone else want to rule against that, it’s fine I don’t take issue.

Mixed opinions on Gakpo. Some saying he’s not all that. We will see. Good luck to him. I’m glad we acted as we do look a bit short in the forward department at the moment.

I can’t say I’ve seen a whole lot of him, but he looked good in the World Cup. Fast, not blistering fast though. Tall, good in the air too. He looked assured with his finishing.

Good luck to him, I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do in a Liverpool shirt.

I’d like us to sign a midfielder too. Someone with legs. Even today against Villa we looked like we were tiring. Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago have been great servants, but a younger athlete is needed in there at this point.

Hopefully we sign someone like Kone, Amrabat or Musah (Caicedo would have been in that list but his price appears to have rocketed).

An athlete in January to give us the legs we need, then hopefully Bellingham in summer.

2 Likes

Followers are easily built up by click bait articles and tweets that people like Romano, continually sprout. He is poor when it comes to rumours. Click baiting is easy.

@Dutch doesn’t rate his own national team though :grinning: who were more than useful I thought. Took the eventual world champions to penalties.

1 Like

Firmino off to balance the books?

To be fair, he might…

The thing with him is he’s on £3.5k a week so the fee might be high but say we offered him £50k a week the overall outlay is pretty small compared.

Here we go!

I expect we will be working on a centre mid, this just happened to be done quicker.

As I said elsewhere we aren’t even into January.

1 Like

Rumours we’re still in for a midfielder this window. Enzo linked by both Argentinean and Portuguese press.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/zwgmnz/gastón_edul_enzo_fernández_arrived_in_portugal/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

I will be buying shares in Kleenex.

1 Like

Don’t forget the trays of pot noodles aswell.

1 Like

What happened between Ajax and Blind?

Get agent Gakpo on the phone, see if he can convince him to come.

:grimacing:

I’d love us to get Enzo now and Bellingham in the summer but with Gakpo coming in as well that’s around £250m. Can anyone see that happening?

I don’t see us signing Enzo and Bellingham but I to see us buying one+ another.

I think investment is being made, after all a team in the CL is more saleable than one without, though I still have my doubts it will be a full takeover.

Rumors are two teams are in for Fernandez, the bidding is at €127m :scream:

Can’t see we are one of those two.

2 Likes

How can there be an auction at €127m when his release clause is supposed to be €120m? :thinking:

My Spidey, I mean Bullshit, Sense is tingling.

4 Likes

Interesting consideration is the squad size. We registered a PL squad of 23 players including only 16 of the allowed 17 who were non-homegrown. There is room for Gapko without making any changes, but limited room for adding a second now.

The champions league is more complicated as Im pretty sure we’ve already maxed out our non-home grown contingent (Ramsay, Carv and Bajcetic all included in that category) without having even registered the now fit Naby. There is a need for a significant clear out in the summer to make room to registered some of these new players, but there is likely going to have to be a ruthless decision made even this winter in terms of who misses out getting registered.

2 Likes