The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Ah Goal, it’s this time of year you are reminded of all the favourites.

I am intrigued by the Khephren Thuram shout. He would add some much needed athleticism to our midfield and could be shaped to do whatever we wanted. Arguably he could become a Tchouameni type for us, at half the price.

The one concern I have is over age and experience. Not of him specifically, but of overloading the side with younger players. On paper it can look exciting with expectations of collective improvements, but Dortmund’s unpredictability, even volatility, is a good example of what a team made of too many kids in important roles can do to a side. Milly going. Thiago likely the year after. Hendo’s playing minutes likely to go down over the next couple of seasons and Fab a likely candidate to make way for more youthful and athletic CMs…there is room for someone who will come in with a bit more experience and worldliness to their game.

2 Likes

Definitely makes sense. I think that’s what we were always after, but our prime age operators have been sicknotes, leaving and older crop and a younger crop, without the reliable middle age to pull it all together.

Having said that the extra Champions League place is going to invariably go to an English Club.

If we are going to sign a Thuram, theb regardless of their position I’d rather sign the one who is performing at a high level (Marcus) than the one who isn’t.

1 Like

I’d still rather sign Lilian

3 Likes

It’s because they’re judicious with their spending, don’t you know
Cracking Up Lol GIF

1 Like

Turns out it could be Chelsea that could be signing Enzo Fernandez!

Would make sense, actually.

Kante injured and contract running out, Jorginho another midfielder who could be on his way out.

Plus, the money they’re willing to spend lately.

2 Likes

I’m sure that Jude, Enzo and Kylian must be amongst the 329,797 others.

1 Like

It’s the hope that kills you…

1 Like

& I’ve started another 800,000 in the last few hours, didn’t find it as tough tbh.

Always felt like he had unfinished business here. #Bringhimhome

2 Likes

Lots of noise we are negotiating for Caicedo.

The price seems high, but then again, it is football, and it is its own special world.

Put me down for a yes please. He has pace, is strong in the tackle and covers the ground really well. He isn’t the best on the ball from what I’ve seen, but that won’t be his role anyway. He will add some much needed athleticism to the midfield as we are starting to get overrun in the engine department and that has to stop.

If we sign Caicedo it will give our silky players more opportunity to shine with the ball.

Ideally Bellingham will follow in the summer.

2 Likes

€70m :eyes::eyes:

I know who I’m choosing to believe on this 1…

Good old DaveOfraud even has his website these days.

:joy: