The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Its a mystery…money tree???

1 Like

Come on @Walshy07 we all dream of a team of ChrisWoods ! Those of us who also support the All Whites do at least :smile:

1 Like

Didn’t want Enzo anyway.

Apparently Newcastle aren’t going to spend to shortcut their way to the top, and their owners are intent on going about it the right way.

1 Like

:wink:

As the famous lyrics to a Rihanna song goes…

You must’ve me confused with some other guy.

Wait, no. Justin Timberlake thats the 1!

Enzo isn’t going to Newcastle

It’s Chelsea…
Duncan castles as a source :rofl::rofl::sob::rofl::sob:

1 Like

Tbf record were the first outlet reporting for us and diaz/nunez. Might be something to it

If anyone gets Enzo Fernandez now for €130m it is a staggering risk for a lad who has played about one third of a season in European Football.

3 Likes

How can he go for more than the clause? Benfica may prefer it but he can leave if someone offers it - that’s the contract.

Sports direct? :slight_smile:

1 Like

So Chelsea spending another 150m to bring in Badiashile and Enzo on top of the 200m they spent in the summer on players like Fofana and Cucurella.

Sounds to me like a desperate attempt to push on for 4th because the manager is well out his depth managing expectations…

Surely they’re not far off the billion spent with Utd and City?

1 Like

If Fernandez is going for that much I’d be happy with us looking elsewhere anyway, particularly if we’re confident of landing Bellingham.

Caicedo and Kone could be bought for less than Fernandez. Loads of other options out there.

10 Likes

So much for Arteta overperforming I guess…?

1 Like

Because clubs are unlikely to pay the full fee upfront which is what would be needed to activate the clause. Instead they may pay a little extra to compensate Benfica for paying it over a longer period.

Mike Ashley kept them so much cash strapped that they are actually good for splurging if they want to. Won’t be tingling FFP folks any time soon. I think with the kind of season they are having, Howe will have a strong argument to push for signings and fastrack their status as a champions league club. Once that happens thats two spots of top four fixed to oil clubs for the foreseeable future. Makes one feel glum.

Maybe they have increased the price of a Keffiyeh in the club sports shop :0)

Anfield Watch
@AnfieldWatch

NEW: Jude Bellingham has reportedly told his entourage of his desire to move to Real Madrid, with the Spanish club set to prioritise a deal for the midfielder in 2023. #lfc [goal]

3:24 pm · 28 Dec 2022

David Lynch
@dmlynch

2h

Liverpool not ruling out further signings in the January transfer window but Enzo Fernandez won’t be one of them. Jude Bellingham their number one midfield target and unlikely to move before the summer.