The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

This is predicated upon van Gaal knowing what he’s doing. Which isn’t a given.

1 Like

Showtime Good Point GIF by Billions

I think his most notable impact was as one of the half time subs in the US game. My take on that first half was that the ball the US was having the Dutch were content to let them have and then do to them exactly what they ended up doing once they won it deep in their half. The subs he made at half time, including this fella, indicate it wasnt quite so all according to plan. And the second half seemed better as well.

OMG … :melting_face:

𝘼𝙣𝙛𝙞𝙚𝙡𝙙 𝙀𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩
@AnfieldEffect
Liverpool’s recruitment team are continuing to assess transfer options for this month.
rk remains ongoing behind the scenes to act if the right option presents itself. {@LivEchoSport} ~ #LFC

Looks like we can rest easy now…

Come on John share the love/money

Show Me The Money GIF

Standing on 3rd base? Should have kept on playing rounders……

Rounders??

FFS are you trying to piss off the American section :rofl:

Oh no, they don’t need me to tell them that baseball is a glorified kids’ game. Explain to them that the thrower can run up, hit the ground first and aim at the batsman’s head and they laugh at you. Then show them cricket. Great debate to start whilst pissed in an American bar. I’m amazed I still have my teeth :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I’ve watched a good bit of him being of Dutch decent. He’s an okay mid, probably has no chance of breaking into our starting XI. I’d take any of the 3 American mids over him. All 3 are far more athletic.

As a matter of fact, watched the Leeds Hammers match today, and if people are willing to give Rice £100M, I’d say Tyler Adams was more than his equal, and I would LOVE to see him in our midfield next season.

….alongside Jude, of course.

2 Likes

I’m 100% onboard with getting Tyler Adams in Liverpool red. Dude was the best US player at the World Cup and I don’t think it was particularly close. Plus he has the PL experience being at Leeds so shouldn’t need much bedding in time and at 23, fits the age profile.

2 Likes

I’m in on him as well, great engine and tenacious

donald trump GIF

It might all depend on what we want.

Let’s imagine a 4231 with a front four of:

Nunez
Diaz Gakpo Salah

With back up and rotation options in:

Jota
Carvalho Firmino Elliott Jones

Let’s say we want a midfield pairing to be well positioned, to close the gaps, stop the opposition and give it simple to get us going at the opposition.

At that point I wouldn’t be too snooty about adding American options like Adams, McKennie or Musah to our squad, to add athleticism and go alongside Henderson, Fabinho and Thiago, who are all fading to one degree or another. With Bajcetic and Morton coming through the ranks.

As I think back to the World Cup game, Rice/Henderson/Bellingham barely had half a second on the ball against the American trio I just named. Ok, the Americans didn’t have the strikers or nous to hurt England, but their athletic midfield stopped England from enjoying an easy game.

It’s all about the blend, and it depends on what we want from our midfield, but at present it is getting overrun and the dial needs to move back in an athletic direction.

Edit:
Don’t get me wrong, put me down for Bellingham and Caicedo!
But just trying to imagine effective and cheaper options, if that’s what we need to do.

2 Likes

Maybe I don’t have my English blinders on the right way, but if we payed anything close to 100 mil for Rice I’d be horrified. He’s a big lad, can put in a tackle…is that what you want for 100? He’s decent but I struggle to see why he’d be worth the mooted price. If the choice is Rice for 100 or Adams for much less, I’d pick Adams, but probably want door #3 :joy:

4 Likes

What the fuck is going on with our club? Are we now scouting players based on eye-test and vibes???

Chelsea changing their structures, and opportunity to bring a decent scout back. Seems fair enough to me.

1 Like

He was already at our club until 2021 I think

1 Like

If this Sven Dworaczek is coming back to Liverpool due to the Chavs is moving towards a data-driven and positional-driven scouting style, so what does this mean for our scouting team’s scouting style now? Are we not gonna be that data-driven now??

Wonder if he’ll be bringing his Chelsea system login details with him?

Spying Peeping Tom GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

6 Likes

Just goin for the vibes obvs.