The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

He’s only 32 years old… :flushed:

Personally, I would be more embarrassed than you seem to be about shitting your pants in public. But that’s just me.

3 Likes

Is this really news to attack the club with? Can’t get behind your thinking on this 1…

1 Like

We can do both. Having scouts (which we already do) doesnt stop us from using analysts

Damn, bringing back scouts from our most successful run of transfers in modern history. What the hell is wrong with this club?

4 Likes

It’s more likely that the new in-coming head of scouting/player acquisitions has an approach they would like to take, and it’s meant people need to leave. It happens in business. He was hired by the now departed head of scouting, so maybe the new Chelsea bod wants a clean slate/fresh start.

I think the data driven bit is a bit of a red herring, suggesting therefore Sven isn’t a data man which is likely no accurate.

1 Like

As evidenced by the fact he was at out club in a scouting role through Klopp’s growth phase all the way through us winning the CL and league

2 Likes

It’s a line from the Guardian.

I assume the way it’s described above has been the clubs way for some years bringing back someone who was involved in that process would not suggest we are aiming for a “vibes approach”.

Grow up

3 Likes

Mmm, the famous Chelsea data-driven approach. Buy 20 youngsters for 10 million, send them on loan for 5 years, balance the books spending another 200 mln in one window. I see…

1 Like

More like buy 20 youngsters for 10 million. Sell the best ones to your rivals for a tuppence. Watch them become superstars

1 Like

Why? Does he know a midfielder? :wink:

3 Likes

Klopp wants to keep Bobby because he knows there’s no way the owners will sanction the signing of another attacker.

1 Like

I love Bobby he is the OG that started the front 3 and helped us capture all awards.

He is so disrespected by many fans at this moment it is quite shocking to see. Most likely if we re-sign him it’s because he is willing to take a paycut and a lesser role.

Hmmmm…

1 Like

I rather we try for Joško Gvardiol!

Bobby has looked pretty sharp when he has been on this season but he isn’t getting any younger. I could see him getting a year’s extension if he is happy to act as a backup. I think it probably depends more on his injury record between now and the end of the season.

1 Like

As much as I like the Pixies, I don’t see how signing Kim Deal helps with anything.

This is just silly

It’s a strange 1 because the Express actually hold some credability.

If the next player that walks through the gates at Kirkby not a midfielder then I assure you necks will be throttled.

Why? What’s silly about it?

I know nothing about the validity of the link, but let’s say that it’s legit and play it out. If we were looking to bring in a senior CB in the summer that surely means one of the current is being moved on. Presumably that guy isn’t Virgil, so it would mean that any lengthy absence for him would not just put us down to 3 CB (one of whom is notoriously brittle), but a group of 3 of which one has already been identified as needing to be moved on.

I have no idea if we are after a CB or if so if it’s this guy. But I can certainly see sense in the story.

5 Likes