The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Since when? :thinking:

2 Likes

If we are bringing in someone it makes sense if not then it doesnā€™t as it sounds about a month from Kloppā€™s comments.

I was wondering that.

Jude AND Enzo!

1 Like

Investment incoming then?

If that was to be believed.

1 Like

I only will believe it once itā€™s all spent. Got burned over the years believing that LFC were going to spend with the big boys!

Silly since itā€™s a month long spell out for Virgil. If it were season ending or a much longer spell out then it starts to make some sense.

Anfield Edition
@AnfieldEdition
19m
Klopp has faith in his central options until the summer, believing Fabinho will overcome recent inconsistency. [@_ChrisBascombe]

Nice.

Two things.

Iā€™ve maintained for a while that Klopp has a ā€˜big summerā€™ due when he wants it. But I wouldnā€™t not be slightly surprised if we do go that big this summer.

Firstly, weā€™re coming of the back of a few relatively frugal windows, and youā€™d imagine some kind of ā€˜warchestā€™ has built up.

Secondly, the club has now paid off loans taken for Kirkby and the Anfield work, so even if that money is not readily available, FSG may feel the club is in a position to take on some debt to fund a squad revamp.

It should be remembered that a few clubs around us, notably Arsenal and Tottenham, took out significant loans to maintain investment during the pandemic. We chose not to do that, and, considering the squad was in a good shape, reduced outgoings. Weā€™re quite debt free relatively speaking.

1 Like

andā€¦

fucking awesome

2 Likes

Possibly off to Real, thereā€™s been rumours in Croatia that Modric is also helping get that deal through.

2 Likes

Confused Thinking GIF

2 Likes

He can have as many negatives as he likes! I read it to mean we are signing Bellingham, Caicedo/Kone, and Kudus too.

2 Likes

Midfielder on a free on the SummeršŸ˜±
Someone email John Henry

1 Like

Iā€™m actually going to be really interested in what Arsenal try to do next. They have now got themselves into that position of having a strong best XI and looking to strengthen around the edges, but doing so is often harder than buying starting players. Does Arteta look to bring in someone who can replace one one of his core players and risk upsetting their balance? Especially as the players who look most upgradable (White is not a RB and Xaka is not a Champions League caliber player) have made themselves important. Or do they look for options, something that is notoriously difficult to do to convince someone to join you to be second choice.

1 Like

Agreed and I think they are in the best position to win something ever since Wenger retired. They do look good and Arteta has gotten a combination of very good players and some average players punching above their weights and do what is always more important, to execute tactics and play as a team instead of individual brilliance. But this also meant that he would be hard pressed to win something for this team to propel them to more things and balancing buying and selling is also going to be key to keep that harmony with the squad. But otherwise, Aouar ā€œfall from graceā€ is huge considering how he was at one point, like a flavour of the week and its even more amazing he is only 24.

Hahaā€¦we have one more person that thinks FSGs are cheapskates lol!

1 Like

Cheapskates :thinking:

Astute :wink: :+1:

Werenā€™t people on here desperate for him to come?

1 Like