The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I find it odd that people do take journos at face value sometimes.

I don’t think most journalists will know anything like that, they will probably be told when we are not interested.

2 Likes

I automatically assume no one knows anything about our club’s transfer dealings. Maybe the other party might leak stuff, but I think we’ve pretty much been airtight since Virgil.

2 Likes
1 Like

“we are covered legally so FSG can’t sue us” :joy:

Translation: we have no assets to target and are of absolutely no consequence or interest to FSG when we make up BS

6 Likes

According to sources….all over the world.

Indy is full of shit.

Horseshit.

Since summer, the club have committed near enough £130m on attackers. If Klopp was begging for elite midfielders, wouldn’t that have been spent on them?

You can only buy what is available unless you want to go the whole Coutinho and bet your club on a passing whim. Liverpool have had a policy of only going for the “right” player. As we saw with Allison and Van Dyke, they will spend big on a perfect fit.

4 Likes

Is Dick van Dyke still alive … :scream: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Nah, come on - it’s bollocks.

Klopp was told funds would be available in Jan for midfielders…

As soon as the window opens we sign Cody Gakpo for nearly £50m. Erm what?

Indykalia is a joke account. They just play to the crowd, and if the replies on Twitter are anything to go by, they know exactly what they are doing.

4 Likes

Fecking auto-correct! I really should add Dutch to my phone.

Anyone know what the right type of player for us is anymore…
Got a feeling LFC has an identity crisis at the moment… In fact it could be asked… who are we…?

3 Likes

That’s a good question. We all know what Klopp’s Liverpool was few years ago.

Now we are all over the shop. No idea what we are trying to do. Looks like the players don’t either.

Amazing we find ourselves in this position. Don’t understand how lesser teams find decent midfielders but we can’t :thinking:

Why weren’t Oz and Keita shipped out. Injury prone and about as useful as a dog that speaks Norwegian !

Anyways it’s gonna be a bumpy ride…strap in.

3 Likes

You’ve answered your own question there.

2 Likes

You could definitely find use for a dog that spoke any language.

6 Likes

I think you could get decent whack for Keita…esp in Germany.

Norwegian speaking dogs would be very useful in Norway.
In fact, any dog which could converse in a human language would be a marvel.

Bloody hell the replies, people still take that account at face value.

Oh he wore a Yankee cap, that means all this is true and they can’t sue us because we are a bollocks Twitter account for gullible dickheads.

He isn’t Pep or Eddie he doesn’t have to sign up to every bit of the owners whim. Best one “he looked happy in early December”, well yeah I was happy after the Villa game where we did demonstrate some improvement, the last three games appear worse than the ones before the break in which we at least seemed to be getting some bits together.

Maybe he is unhappy and the club certainly need to buy but when was Bellingham available this window?

2 Likes

A player who has missed about 60% of his games.

Do you generally think Germans are thick or something? If we had got 10 million for him in the summer I’d have been shocked.

2 Likes

IndyKalia is stirring it up to get clicks. Anything he has got right in the past is more luck and coincidence than anything else. Pretty much anyone in here could tweet rumours and some of them would prove to be correct, at least in part, with the passage of time. Chancer.

Anyway, the good point was made above about our identity.

A few years ago it was clear. Crush them. Mentality monsters. Then we seemed to hit a bit of a wall with low block teams. So we added some players to help penetrate all that in Keita and Thiago. It hasn’t worked out, for various reasons. Instead of sitting back against us, former low block teams now have a go, and all season long we have been watching them prevail against us, as generally we are getting overrun in the engine department.

It is fair to say we now have a bit of an identity crisis in midfield.

6 Likes

I think the low block issues also coincided with the injury issues, I don’t think a generally fit side struggled unless it was good teams.

I think we generally were able to whip enough pressure on teams when we had one or two out to get the results.

1 Like