The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

@Magnus might own one of these.

You’ve been fitting wheels to a tomato again haven’t you……

Matheus Nunes remains a ÂŁ44 million target for the summer, after he and Klopp shared a huge full-time hug on Saturday night [via**@_pauljoyce] #LFC**
4:50 pm ¡ 9 Jan 2023

:unamused: :unamused:

I’ve seen rumours that we wanted to sign him in the summer, but there were issues with his vaccination status, and this had impacts on insurance. Don’t know what to make of that, and appreciate it is probably bollocks.

But I’m struggling to find another reason why we’d pass on the lad only to take him a year later and why he would insist on this supposed escape route from Wolves.

1 Like

You know that actually might make more sense than the Athletic’s theory that we werent convinced then he was ready to perform at the top end of the prem, but that after half a season in which he’s only had about 2 good games, both since Christmas, we are now ready to jump in.

1 Like

Some unreliable twitter noise that we’ve held talks for Koudio Kone and Kephren Thuram.

Kone seems to have ironed out some of his rough edges. Very athletic midfielder, exactly the type we are crying out for.

Never seen Thuram play but he looks good on the youtube.

2 Likes

Whoever doesn’t get him wins.

He’s pretty lightweight in La Liga, he will blown over here by a gust of wind.

2 Likes

Think the dog writes his material :scream::joy:

Are we for real?

2 Likes

Well if you believe it.

I hope it is true in regards to Keita but I can’t see it happening. Fully understand why people want to get shot of him but when he’s healthy he’s a wonderful footballer.

6 Likes

I hear you on Keita, but “when he’s healthy” is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

I won’t spit my dummy out if we gave a modest extension to Keita, but I hope we sign new midfielders to take us to the top of the class, augmented by the best of what our older midfielders have left in the tank, plus our younger players coming through.

In that paradigm Keita leaves in summer, although it is with some regret, as the fella can play.

As for Ox, I could see the thinking when we signed him, but another big injury put paid to that, and the poor fella isn’t what he was, and needs to leave - with our thanks and best wishes, when his deal winds down.

3 Likes

Totally agree. We need to consider whether we have better options before letting him go but a contract extension shouldn’t be seen as an alternative to finding someone better.

2 Likes

I think this is bullshit.

Keita isn’t built for the physical nature of premier league.
Also hes been fit for last month but hasnt started any and harvey Elliott is picked ahead of him so that tells you everything. He needs to go to spain or italy. I really dont see us giving a deal to a player who has spent over half his time here injured.
Ox is finished as a top club player.didnt get picked on sat. Shows he has no future here.

The midfield needs a revamp as the players we have cannot do what klopp wants. They are old and legs have gone.

2 Likes

Great idea, let’s give two players who are injured or on the way to get injured an contract extension…

New assignment for the scouting department: find as many players as you can who are often injured…:see_no_evil:

Another great idea. Let’s not slag off the club on the basis of obvious clickbait on Twitter.

7 Likes

Well I am not completely against giving Keita or Ox a new deal, but any such deal has to be structured with obvious injury issues in mind. According to rumours, they both earn around £120k per week. If the new deal is structured in a way that only approx. £40-50k is guaranteed and the rest is obtained as the “availability bonus”, neither I nor the owners would have any problems with such a deal. It is unlikely though any player would accept such an offer.

1 Like

Klopp is begging, apparently Pep just wont sign off on it.

1 Like

If there is any truth in this, the undercurrent might have something to do with the potential sale of the club - any actions regarding offer or non-offer at this stage could be biased toward whatever is beneficial to that