The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I hope Cholo goes to the Premier League. The outrage from media and fans would be beautiful.

Is it true Inzaghi is leaving Inter in the summer? If so, that looks like a possibility.

Simeone and Chelsea are made for each other

Just seen on back of the Mirror while in shop that we are considering moving for Wolves player Neves as he in final 6 months of deal.

Good player

1 Like

His contract is until the summer of 2024.

2 Likes

Absolute fucking chancer.

4 Likes

I’m hearing that Liverpool is in for Ruben Neves which would make a lot of sense. Neves is Premier league proven, defensive midfielder, who has a wand of a leg from set pieces.

Also hearing that Keita will leave on a free. Good riddance. Him and Chamberlain spent more time rehabbing than actually on the pitch playing for LFC.

Neves behind Bellingham and Nunes in a new midfield three?

As a stand alone player I like Neves, but he doesn’t quite tick the athletic box that we need as a priority, but I suppose he is still better there than what we have.

3 Likes

With that kind of name, he better have Big FEET!! :rofl:

So it’s YNWA until you get injured repeatedly playing for the club in which case it’s good riddance?

4 Likes

Harsh. Paul Konchesky and Charlie Adam were ‘good riddance’ territory players. Naby has disappointed, but it’s hardly his fault.

4 Likes

No, it’s then YNRA or You’ll Never Rehab Alone.

1 Like

Got me there, didn’t think about that.

Joyce saying Bellingham + Nunes for the summer
 Can’t say I’d not be disappointed in that, and it pretty much would explain the Klopp’s “can’t do business this window” message - Bellingham was never moving in Jan and Nunes literally can’t.

Klopp also pointed out that we have 9 fit (debatable but technically correct) midfielders meaning we have no room to manuvere this window
 However come summer? Keita, Ox, Milner all likely to depart thats a lot of room to re-energise the engine room.

Ideally I’d be throwing the £65mil it takes to get Caicedo now, I think that would push us into the champions league places
 Harsh but one of the midfielders would get deregistered to give us the room.

I’d also be open to selling Salah to fund some of this rebuild and also bring in a center back as I think we really need some more depth/competition in that area.

I’d let Gomez go, think he needs a season away from the limelight to just play and regain his form and fitness. Ven De berg to come back to take that slot.

This would mean next summer we’d look something like

Out - Milner, Firmino, Keita, Oxlade, Gomez, Salah, Phillips, Kelleher

Alisson

Trent - Konate - Van Dijk - Robertson

Bellingham - Caicedo - Nunes/Thiago

New - Nunez - Diaz/Jota

Subs - New GK, Ramsay, Matip, New CB, Van De Berg, Elliot, Thiago, Henderson, Fabinho, Tsimikas, Carvalho, Jones, Gakpo, Jota

With either Morton or Bajcetic taking up a position in the squad.

Doak out on loan as he seems very close.

1 Like

That’s harsh, he wasn’t ever good enough but was he that bad a person to be justifiably having “good riddance” said about him?

2 Likes

This is from the horses mouth from Joyce on Bellingham and Nunes:

Liverpool, whose interest in the midfielder AurĂ©lien TchouamĂ©ni was trumped by Real Madrid last summer, want to sign the Dortmund and England midfielder Jude Bellingham, who is valued at about ÂŁ130 million, while other targets include Wolves’ Matheus Nunes. Before then, the objective at Molineux is to secure progress into the fourth round of the competition and set up a tie away to Brighton & Hove Albion, who trounced Liverpool 3-0 in the Premier League on Saturday.

That doesn’t necessarily mean that we want both, but perhaps that Nunes is one of the alternatives if we don’t get Bellingham?

1 Like

lord farquaad shrek GIF

1 Like

Will Bellingham and/or compatible players come to us IF and that is a big if since we aren’t even halfway the season if we do not qualify for European football next year.

Is Bellingham the kind of guy who wants to push the train or the one who only wants to jump on it if I may use a Klopp expresion 

Yeah, that’s another topic and a valid question.

We’ll see, that transfer won’t be easy (especially with how our season is going, not only results wise), but we can talk about midfield signings with the known fact that Jude is our priority.

Other players, why not. Depends who. We will get a midfield signing or two regardless if we’re in the CL or not in Europe at all next season. But we’ll see who that is.

Knowing us, in the end it could be someone never even mentioned so far.

3 Likes

Am I the only person who thinks there’s close to a zero chance that Bellingham will end up here next year ?

4 Likes