The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I don’t think we sign Bellingham but I do think people overrate the importance of missing the CL. The only real effect for us is that we miss out on the cash. Players will still want to move to us.

2 Likes

Good question, but it comes down to the chicken or the egg. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So if Nunes is the LCM and Bellingham is the RCM does that mean Henderson and Fabinho would rotate as the 6? Not sure I’m a fan of that.

2 Likes

Isn’t Nunes playing as a 6 for Wolves?

It’s not all because of the CL. Not all players will want to move here, CL or not (and not having CL often means something isn’t working well). We had one last summer.

If he was moved there, then it’s more double pivot. I don’t think he’s a single pivot type of midfielder.

Nunes isn’t coming chaps.

indykaila News

@indykaila

10h
Mathues Nunes will sign for Liverpool football club in the summer. #lfc

“Hey Jude, would you prefer to jump on the train alongside Camavinga and Tchouameni, or to push the train with your mate Hendo?”

Does Camavinga even play?

1 Like

Sometimes they give him a runout off the bench.

1 Like

The one thing that might be questionable at Real is how much can they spend this summer and what they decide are their priorities.

Benzema is 34, is it a new striker? We know Mbappe might still happen at some point, but in his prefered position they have Vinicius.

CB’s are not looking great apart from Militao. Is their choice to splash it on Gvardiol and push Alaba more at LB (Mendy to play less).

Midfield? Tchouameni is there, Kroos is there, Modric might be for one more year. Valverde is more used as the right attacker who drops deeper to allow Vini to push on the opposite side.

Camavinga is there but I’m not sure how much they believe in him. Valverde’s long term position is still midfield also.

We can say that Modric and Kroos will ‘soon’ free those roles at two #8’s.

Plus, does Ancelotti even stay.

Will be interesting to see what are their moves this summer. A CB, a midfielder like Jude or a striker? Or maybe 2/3?

Looking at Wolves its lineups in the last 5 matches he is one of two holding midfielders.

Theoretically speaking, if the two new guys ahead of him are as crazy about running as Diaz is, then the transfer guys might as well get Alcantara a deckchair and a bookcase full of world literature! I think that Klopp won’t veer from 4-3-3 but it will take adjustments. I think that a fully fit Alcantara wouldn’t have had problems playing behind Wijnaldum and Henderson and in front of Van Dijk and Gomez during 2017-2020 period (and that the team wouldn’t have lost any of its strength). Funnily enough, to me, Bajčetić’s understanding of the game seems to resemble Alcantara’s more than Fabinho’s or Henderson’s, so maybe this is the blueprint for the future midfield?

The reason why I think that Klopp will be targeting two midfielders is simple - the numbers

I’m also of this opinion but I’m not sure if I really think it’s going to happen or I’m just wishing it happens! :slight_smile: Our pressing is non-existent throughout the whole team, it’s not just midfield. In Diaz, Jota and Nunez, though, Klopp has players who will press like possessed (and I often wonder why I still haven’t seen any of them yelling while running at player in possession with their arms raised in the air). Hopefully Gakpo, Doak and Gordon get in on the act because we know that Salah won’t. :joy:

As for the centre back, you know what I’m going to say… Gvardiol is the one. We’re going to need a centre back sooner than we think anyway - unless Van den Berg proves to be an even bigger hit than before his horrendous injury, which is a big question mark (hopefully his recovery goes according to plan).

I had to check the Internet for Arsenal league finishes - six years without CL football and look at the state of their investment over that period of time. When there’s a will, there’s a way, with or without CL money. It’s not like we’re FFP offenders anyway.

3 Likes

Yeah, and probably if he’s partnered with Neves, the one allowed to be more active than him.

In their last game they had Moutinho highest on the pitch of their side so we’ll see how it still evolves under Lopetegui.

:joy:

1 Like

Chelsea is buying so many new players that I am sure there are plenty who are looking to leave or be moved on. I remembered there was this huge potential from Villa with the name from the I get knock down song, not that they will be keen to sell to us but any from there that will add alot to our current low morale squad?

Nah, I don’t think Klopp would’ve played Thiago as the single pivot even in those years. As for Fabinho, Bajcetic and potentially someone else in the near futue, we’ll see. It’s a hard position.

1 Like

There will be. Telegraph this morning has reported Newcastle are interested in three of them.

Yeah sometimes you wonder, for example, players who used to be great potentials like Loftus Cheek, you wonder whether they are really just shite or whether its Chelsea who are destroying these players.

1 Like

This will be the big challenge, Newcastle, Arsenal now all in the mix for players…

1 Like

I think football public can be lazy in proclaiming a lot of kids “great potentials”. The truth is often somewhere in the middle.