The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

He’d be fucking great with that Arsenal team.

1 Like

I’m never a fan of this ‘we could have had x player for y pounds logic that gets bandied around.

I’m not sure it’s that straightforward. Brighton have done very well out of Caicedo, but I’m not sure there is any guarantee he’d have had the same trajectory with us. At Brighton there was less pressure on him, and Brighton could stick him straight in the first team and be patient with him.

1 Like

The time to get him was in the summer rather than before he went to Brighton.

He’d only played 8 games last season (iirc) but looked fantastic pretty much straight away. We were obviously impressed, and no doubt there’d have been some discussions about him, but we must have decided it wasn’t enough evidence to pull the trigger.

In hindsight, probably a mistake. Stylistically, a good alternative to Tchouameni. Would’ve definitely added some qualities our midfield is lacking.

Ah well.

1 Like

Can they get a move on we play them this weekend.

We tried at the end of the summer by all accounts but got told to do one as there was no time for them to get a replacement.

Could have had him and Enzo for around £50mil in the summer I reckon…

I’d take that right now, if it meant Jude in the summer. Give Doak a few runs, and Elliott. Jota will be back soon. Imagine PSG looking for a Messi replacement soon

1 Like

To be fair, why would FSG buy a new midfielder when they haven’t bought one since Thiago Alcantara in 2020! What you think they are made out of money? :rofl:

Besides Bajcetic, the 18 year old, looks very decent. At least he moves around the pitch, unlike some senior citizens we have in midfield. :wink:

I’ll believe we signed a new midfielder when I see his pen on that contract mugging for pictures!

At least Chelsa is creatively bending the rules. Manchester City just FLAT OUT CHEATS!!! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The source is Indy, what more do you need?! :wink:

Cant find the article now but the A list were Gravenberch, Tchouameni, Bellingham and Barella. Tchouameni chose Madrid, Barella didn’t want to leave Italy, Bellingham wasn’t available and Gravenberch had already agreed to sign for Bayern Munich.

The B list was Sangare, Kone, Neuhaus and Nunes. The links with Nunes coming next summer make sense but still don’t understand why we didnt buy him from Sporting.

The ‘taking a risk’ players Klopp was talking about were Enzo and Caicedo who had minimal experience and stats at a higher level.

We also looked at Bissouma but after his off the field issues we moved on.

Mind you this all could be complete bollocks :joy:

3 Likes

For a £20mil discount on Caicedo? Yes please…

Really, Brighton?

I expect better from you. Not that I complain…

1 Like

Presumably for Ox to leave on a free this window would mean we are bringing someone else in at the same time?

Presumably to keep Lallana company in the treatment room? Do we have any other broken biscuits that we can offer them?

1 Like

7m and hes all yours today. :roll_eyes:

We probably have enough for a bus to Brighton.
We just need to tell them its a day trip to the beach

1 Like
1 Like

That one I totally don’t understand, probably just lazily mentioning the likes of United and us due to us monitoring him years ago.

What has he done for Leipzig to merit it? He’s had better and worse periods, in and out of the team, not really to the level of clubs bigger than Brighton.

1 Like

It’s more Brighton appear to be actively recruiting midfielders…

2 Likes

Lallana just ran legs off our supposed first choice midfield.

7 Likes

It’s pretty much like the Lallana deal. A talented, past his prime player with fitness issue. But if he churn out 1200 mins for next 2-3 seasons, it’s a quality addition for them.