The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Is he a reliable source? I read a similar article last night, though I honestly can’t remember the source, I found it strange that Tchouameni would be considered a consolation prize for missing out on Mbappe. That’s just not how Real Madrid work. If they want Tchouameni, they will probably get him but only because they started working on that deal on time, like with Camavinga, not because they suddenly decided that they need a central midfielder to offset the non-arrival of a world class forward.

I think that Real Madrid will be in for a top class forward. Getting Salah makes total sense for them, maybe even getting Mane. I don’t see a forward of that profile or potential to reach those heights currently available. Ironically, two young forwards who, in my opinion, have that potential are already on their books. If they are looking for world class players who are not forwards, though, I wouldn’t say no to them taking Bernardo Silva this summer!

2 Likes

Did La Liga introduce some sort of FFP recently that caused Barca to have to reduce their wage bill? Makes you wonder how PSG get away with it in France / UEFA, its almost as if they had some influence on the UEFA Executive Committee and Ligue 1 couldn’t give a shit.

1 Like
6 Likes

No idea on how reliable he is, just saw it on the Norwegian Lfc site. It said they had put it on hold while dealing with the Mbappe situation. So no, it didn’t seem like some sort of kneejerk thing.

Agree on the forward issue; even though they have a good young option in Rodrygo, there’s an available starting spot in the right sided forward position. Salah does seem like the obvious option now, with his contract situation. Could even be a better stylistic fit than Mbappe, if we think about that potential front three collectively.

1 Like

I’ve got no sympathy for Real Madrid or Barcelona and the Neymar, Messi and Mbappe situations couldn’t have happened to two more shithouse clubs BUT PSG have basically fucked the transfer market again. They fucked transfer fees when signing Neymar and now wage structures are also fucked. Also, with us having two top strikers who have yet to sign new contracts this could affect us massively.

6 Likes

PSG and Man City are literally the cancers of UEFA’s leagues where they literally warp the entire transfer market and wage market with PSG being the biggest culprit of them all.

PSG were literally shit before 2011. Before 2011,they only won 2 league titles. When QSI came, nobody could foresee the impact they had in world football.

5 Likes

Just wait until the Newcastle ‘project’ takes off

5 Likes

Well, those folks at the FFP have no idea what is a sustainable business model is. What if one day, after Man City wins the UCL, he says time to find next toy. Sells his club to some CCP-affiliated billionaire who decides to use the club to whitewash the CCP’s atrocities as well.

Would anyone stand for that?

As a liverpool fan, I will be laughing my head off. As a lover of this sport, it will be a very sad day…

1 Like

I think the sporting director thing is likely a lot more reasonable than it is being made to sign. The actual situation is that Leonardo has not done a good job, is not liked, and there is little faith that he’s going to make the right moves for the team. He is now seemingly being replaced by a very well regarded guy called Luis Campos who Mbappe knows from their time together at Monaco. I think it is completely reasonable for Mbappe to say he would only stay with certain assurances about their plans for squad development. Someone who cared only about the money, as lots of people are positioning this, wouldn’t have given a shit.

3 Likes

Now that 2 of the biggest and high profile strikers are tied down, what other galaticos are there for Real to sign? Probably Pogba

trying not to laugh GIF

1 Like

Yip, he probably has the best marketing appeal with his dabs, haircuts and social media followers, next would be offering cr a lifeline out of MU and Europa. Mo would have some decent marketing, Mane not really much, just a great player.

Salah… :eyes:

1 Like

Rmc saying tchouameni has agreed terms with both us and madrid, final decision to be made in the next week ir so

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/uvg6p8/last_hour_of_rmc_sport_aurélien_tchouaméni_has/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

So that means he’ll sign for whoever wins.

The Tchouameni Challenge is on.

3 Likes

He’ll sign if Jurgen says , come here and be a liverpool legend or go to real and be just another player.

3 Likes

Not necessarily. Even if we win the CL, Madrid will most likely offer a higher wage so that’s where his head will turn.

Anyone who goes for the money isn’t a true Liverpool player at heart anyway.

6 Likes

The trouble is, as I fear is the trouble with the human race, nobody is willing to think about tomorrow.

All the Premier League can think is ‘Yes please - bring your money and bring in the best players’. Nobody is actually thinking what happens when a team destroys completion in their league. They seem very happy to allow the golden goose to be killed.

The Premier League should be on their hands and knees thanking Liverpool for providing some competitive meaning to their product. Without us, the Premier League is basically another Bundedliga or League Un.

6 Likes

Well, you are right with the part of being Human. If it ain’t my problem in the future, I am not gonna give a shit about it.

It is someone else’s problem…

Apparently RM are now interested in AC Milan’s Rafael Leao, aged 22, which would seem to indicate that they might not be so keen on spending a shedload of money on a 30 year old. So much for my idea about extorting money from RM, and it might put paid to any ideas Mo may have had about going to RM. Yer too old, mate. Best stay in Liverpool where people want you.

2 Likes