The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Yesterday there was a rumour about Newsandcastle wanting Joe Gomez, 35-40m and they can have him. :rofl:

Sounds more like a united player. We have a ā€˜no dicksā€™ rule

Not even Nā€™ :eggplant:a?

They reportedly reached a deal with Juve for him last summer but walked away after finding dealing with the player too much

1 Like

Donā€™t be so dramatic its called a rebuild, how many games have Phillips Gomez Jota Jones Kelleher played this season?

There contribution is pretty minimal, Kellerher aside who is certainly good enough, I wouldnt have a problem with all the other leaving. Its like pining over the loss of Ox and Naby they dont play anyway.

And in terms of relying on teenagers well we have all those players right now and Bajetic and Elliott have played plenty this season so we already do rely on kids.

We carry way too many injury prone and non contributing players this summer we need to be a bit more ruthless thankfully some are leaving on expiring contracts so we donā€™t have to find buyers.

We could sell Becker for Ā£90m and stick Kellerher in goal, that would make an Irish friend of mine very happy ā€¦

If that was the price to bring in Jude and two other quality CM plus a CB then Iā€™d do it. That would leave us needing another CM and a Salah replacement in summer 24.

I donā€™t disagree with the players you listed bar Jota who has played more games than Diaz.

If we are going well injury prone players or those we deem injury prone then half the team can go.

You mention that we already rely on kids but the truth is Elliott gets it in the neck most weeks and Bajectic is now out with what looks like an injury thatā€™s sustained from over playing him.

Selling Jota is fine but when DĆ­az goes down next season and Nunez has one of his short spells of missing games we will be looking exactly what off the bench?

He wonā€™t be sold because he is seen as part of the team and there has to be a massive rebuild across the park. If we werenā€™t losing Firmino I would probably consider but we are.

As for Kelleher can we nip this in the bud, he is a good goalkeeper he may be first choice for some but is he Alisson Becker? No he isnā€™t, not even close.

Some people seem keen to further weaken the squad not improve it which to me is rather baffling.

1 Like

What?

1 Like

Nā€™Dicka.

Yeah, I thought the same on first reading.

2 Likes

But thatā€™s an eggplant.

1 Like

No it isnā€™t. Itā€™s an aubergine.

4 Likes

Ifti, you gotta get down with the youth. Everyone knows that emoji means dick. Get with the times man :wink:

Nā€™Auberginaā€¦ can he play in midfield?

1 Like

Its a dick that has been erected for the last 15 hours and turned purple

Well at least I do now!

FFS. This is why I donā€™t use Emojis. If I wanted to communicate in little pictures I would have lived in Ancient Egypt.

4 Likes

International breaks really brings out the weird in this place.

2 Likes

Oh, just wait until the summer. This place is basically a support group for football addicts. Once the real withdrawal symptoms kick in, itā€™s real down the rabbit hole stuffā€¦

1 Like

Did you choose the era into which you were born?

1 Like

I got to see Liverpool at Anfield in the 1970s and 80s. It wasnā€™t a bad choice.

2 Likes