The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

They’re not getting all up front even if he costs less than £50m.

Some of these prices are absolutely ridiculous.

No chance £40mil max is what I’d want, he’s got 1 year left on his contract.

2 Likes

It’s negotiating some people seem quite aware of it in a video game or when it is their own salary.

They seem what unaware when it’s a football club or a trade union.

There is a really funny scene from one of this season’s episodes of succession where the kids are mocking Roman’s understanding of negotiations that I really wish I could find and post now

1 Like

Don’t you dare! Shhh…

Hahahahaha

Congrats Good Job GIF by NBC

Pretty sure it will be closer to £60m than to £40m.

1 Like

Is that Kovacic on the left, Chelsea’s sporting director in 10 years?

:joy:

And Shooter McGavin on the right

Shooter Happy Gilmore GIF - Shooter Happy Gilmore Golf - Discover & Share GIFs

Been seeing a few reports that we are interested in Conor Gallagher :man_facepalming:

I don’t want to say he’d be a bad signing for us but I was made up to see him come on against us last week.

Gallagher is a decent player, loads of energy and never stops running, but technically he’s not the very best and he tends to go wandering forward a lot leaving gaps in the midfield.

I’m watching Chelsea vs Brighton here, and he’s done quite well, but to compare him to a similar type of player he looks a level or two below Mac Allister. Mac Allister has more quality with the ball and just appears to be a more intelligent player in general.

As with many of our other supposed targets so far, I’d only really be happy with Gallagher being the cheap 3rd option.

1 Like

I think the best you can say is he has tools to succeed at this level if he can better piece them all together. I think of someone like Robert Lee being a pretty average premier league player until he was in his mid-late 20s when something clicked. Gallagher still has time to get better, but he isnt THAT young though to be excusing his limitations for much longer

2 Likes

Isn’t that just someone’s opinion.

He says we should keep an eye on him not that we have any interest in doing so. As a third CM and on a decent price I’d consider him to be fair.

1 Like

I know it’s a shit rag but other sources seem to think it might be a goer.

I think he’s shit and would rather two top class midfielders over two good ones and Gallagher. Surely we should be signing better players than we already have and Gallagher isn’t imo?

I don’t think there is anything to it for us with either Gallagher or Mount.

1 Like

Here I was think we wouldn’t blow up this season unless Jude was a done deal and that we where all waiting for this “right” player and it was going to be worth the pain and it turns out instead that we are just back to our incompetent best with recruitment again.

TBH i’d rather sign Jude and then maximise the free agent market to top up the Midfield group than spend 70-80 mil on players like Mount Gallagher and Tielemens.

Mount i dont actually mind but he cant be our marquee signing.

3 Likes

Just sounds like shit guesses.

Nunes as well it is the Mail mind and I’ve never known King to know much. If Joyce says it I might take note.

Mount sort of makes sense and there is a lot of noise the rest not much. Caciedo we moved late for last summer so I assume he is a name that might come back to but I have a feeling they know the sum of zero fuck.

As I said I’ll wait and see.