The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Crazy that it’s got to this point, but totally agree that we need 3 midfield replacements, with 2 ready to go. Wish we could hold onto Bobby for another year also

But then you get loads of people criticising the club for being too loyal and keeping players past their prime.

1 Like

Love Bobby, but the time is right.

2 Likes

O yes please! He’d be ideal.

6 Likes

I get that, but still think he’s a class act. Loves the club and there’s not many better back-up players around. Seems the ship has sailed though and he probably wants to be a starter somewhere for the last few years of his career

Just a shame we’re not getting cash for him. Hope we don’t let Salah go the same way.

1 Like

First good link in a while.

He was outstanding when Brighton battered us. He’s very dominant in the air and very good on the ball.

No brainer if he is available.

2 Likes

This seems promising news, I won’t hold my breath though. I don’t know much about Mason Mount, what do you all think?

1 Like

I think he has potential with the right coaching environment. Chelsea fans seem to blow hot and cold about him. Presumably his stats make him look like someone we could mould into a Klopp-type player (and no, I don’t mean permanently injured).

He’s 24 and would count as home-grown so I could see him being an asset to the squad overall.

2 Likes

People throw some really ugly comments at them but Chelsea’s academy have produced some really decent ones in the last few years: Mount, Abraham, Tomori, Guehi, Colwill…

I’d have Guehi and Colwill at Liverpool in a heartbeat, maybe even Mount (not at 60 million pounds, though, better get Lavia for half of that).

5 Likes

Agreed!

Harry macguire is 1.94m tall, just saying…

What you on about Bonus, did you not see him yesterday? He was great in the air for Sevilla.

I thought macguire played for man utd?

When did he move to seville?

Even better when none of these have benefitted their first team, bar Mount for 2 seasons

I’d disagree a bit, I think most of them aren’t good enough for where we want to be. Never seen Tomori or Guehi have a game like Colwill against us.

Mount for 60 million is absolute nonsense.

2 Likes

I’d be happy with Mount. Said here before I remember watching him for Derby (when checking on Harry Wilson) and he was one of the most gifted young players I’d ever seen. Different gravy to anyone else on the pitch. £60m is too much though given the past year or 2

He is a good player but he doesn’t really solve any of our problems, and at the prices quoted, his signature would hinder our ability to fix the real issues.

Colwill has possibly the ceiling to be starting material here, but you’d hope he’s also young enough and not so impatient (if that makes sense) if he would be behind Virgil for a little while. But maybe we don’t judge that so important for now compared to midfield needs and he goes somewhere where there’s a higher chance of playing immediately. It could also depend who takes over at Chelsea, he might have him in his plans.

I’ve always liked him as a player, and apparently the recruitment staff love him. Apparently we went all out to get him as a youth player, before he signed pro-terms.

£60m is taking the piss though. Clubs needs to be a bit collectivist on this. Chelsea should not be given an easy way out.

3 Likes

£60m should be the maximum for Mount - and only if they don’t want it all upfront.