The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Its fucking blue nothing nice about that. :smile:

1 Like

I think weā€™re looking more RCB for now, rather than a top or top talented LCB. Some of them would cost a bomb and I donā€™t think we can afford all of that this summer. Iā€™d say we replace Matip first at RCB, give Konate competition. Konate, Gomez and maybe even the new guy can all shift to LCB when Virgil is not available or needs a break. Then in one of the following windows, we look more at a potential Virgil replacement down the line. Which could ā€œfinallyā€ mean the end for Gomez.

As for the recent structure, but still not knowing how often weā€™ll do it going into next seasonā€¦

Iā€™ve seen Arthur Theate playing for Belgium a few weeks ago and he seemed a very capable left footed CB. Heā€™s at Rennes, will be 23 next month. Playing either LCB in a 4, LCB in a 3 or LB in a 4 (with of coures, the player ahead of him playing wide). Sort of what Ake does now for City. Even if Tedesco told in an interview that itā€™s not his preferance, but must do it for the team if heā€™s asked to. Belgium are continuing to play a hybrid formation which can be a 3 or 4 at the back, depending on phases of the game.

1 Like

Is it? Looks more grey/green

Do real men wear scarves?

Oh Snap GIF by T-Pain

1 Like

I think he played it really well, and it helped him. One of our biggest problems this season has been Robbo and Trent bombing on and leaving huge space behind them for easy counter attacks. The new system meant Robbo held his position quite a bit, picking and choosing when to attack which meant they got nothing down our left all game but he could still get forward when space opened up. It was a mature performance and the team collectively looked far more assured with the structure.

It makes sense for a right sided center half because if Konate is injured we couldnā€™t play this way, heā€™s key in aggresively covering on the right.

If his player scouting is as good as his scarf scouting then we will be in safe hands.

It may not be the scarf he wanted but it was the scarf he needed.

1 Like

The scarf looks like the sort your mum knitted for ya with odd sized needles when you were a kidā€¦

1 Like

is that what weā€™ve regressed to, making fun of a prospective DOFā€™s fucking scarf?

unreal.

1 Like

Regressed?

Manbag-gateā€¦

quiet tim and eric GIF

1 Like

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

Use the Gecko instead.

In the URL, replace ā€œliverpoolechoā€ with ā€œliverpoolgeckoā€.

I think that is something Joe could do quite well, being comfortable in the middle and on right.

1 Like

Just mentioned Inter as possibly a good destination for Bobby. No pressure to be the lone striker or the false #9 again, but have a partner up top. Could be better for him now when heā€™s in his 30ā€™s.

1 Like

wouldnā€™t hurt Atalanta either. but heā€™d also do well in Spain. someplace like Sociedad or Villareal

2 Likes

Oh noā€¦not againā€¦:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: