The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Haha, his parents definitely missed a trick when they picked a name for him!

1 Like

Just imagine Timber on the bench :flushed:

Justin Timberlake GIF by FOX Teen Choice

1 Like

HOW DARE YOU TALK DOWN OTHER PEOPLEā€™S OPINIONS.

ITā€™S A FREE FORUM WE CAN SAY WHAT WE WANT.

Or something like that.

What always amuses me is how utterly schizophrenic our transfers are. Theyā€™re either honed, planned, kept beautifully quiet and completed at a good price in the first few days of the window of the utter opposite of a man shopping for ā€œthatā€ toy on Christmas Eve which sold out before Thanksgiving.

2 Likes

Donā€™t know much about him, does any of our learned TAN know about him?

Heā€™s got a nice scarf.

2 Likes

Apparently heā€™s a big stats guy which would be good. Iā€™m sure some of our German members will know more about him.

1 Like

Hard to know much about a foreign sporting director, apart from a clubā€™s transfer activity (or football activity in general) where the guy was, which he was a good part of. Would be good to get the guy we want sooner rather than later.

I think he would look quite nicešŸ˜ in British rom-comšŸ˜‚

Thereā€™s some info about him/Leverkeusen on The Echo, but I had to give up trying to read it because of how shit the website is.

3 Likes

Looks as though weā€™re not just content on signing midfielders this summerā€¦ :astonished: :blush: Could Schuurs be a similar signing to what Botman was?

NEW: Anfield Edition
@AnfieldEdition
41m
:1st_place_medal:| Liverpool remain interested in Torino defender Perr Schuurs.
@DiMarzio

NEW: Anfield Edition
@AnfieldEdition
6hr
:1st_place_medal:| Liverpool are one of the clubs who have enquired about Barcelona defender Ronald Araujo. @GraemeBailey

Araujo is a left field one. Heā€™s got everything a CB here would need, and Barca will need money, but Iā€™d be amazed if they were willing to part with him, or weā€™d be willing to be pay what theyā€™d likely want for him.

1 Like

Yeah, not realistic I donā€™t think. Heā€™s tied under contract until 2026. Interesting how Barca sometimes flip the positions of him and Kounde (between RCB and RB), depending on the opponent.

And by the way, the more I see Botman, the more Iā€™m fine that we didnā€™t get him. Not exactly Caleta-Car type of ā€œthank f*ck we didnā€™tā€ (because I knew him more than Botman), but sometimes thereā€™s hype around certain players who the public probably donā€™t watch regularly and then we see that in reality, theyā€™re not that special.

Even if it is weird how he didnā€™t get more recognition from his national side, but thatā€™s maybe also linked with my feelings.

Iā€™d like someone who can stay fit and battle with Konate, but between them we could also have one or both who can do a job at LCB. Someone a bit more composed on the ball than Ibou.

1 Like

Did expect we would move for a CB.

1 Like

Would be sensible. Fully expect Matip to move on.

4 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s my expectation.

1 Like

He is a fine young talent, he played well against us as one of the few. Dutch international, a good passer and an keen eye for the opportunities. Klopp would never use him as a CB, too small, but he started as a number 6 and played as a fullback too.

Timber makes more sense in the context of the current system, or if we revert to a more traditional 3 at the back.

Would have thought weā€™d be looking at a left footer though - Gvardiol, Colwill, Inacio. I think Robertson has the ability to adapt to that system, but a different type of option would also be nice.

1 Like

One of the things that was encouraging about last night was that despite Trentā€™s role seemingly shifting Robbo more into a left CB sort of role it didnt seem to hinder his raids down the left. Attacking as a defender is obviously easier in a game when you have that much of the ball, but maybe an indication weā€™re not going to need to change the characteristic of the left sided defender too much to accommodate this shift.

4 Likes