The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Last I checked my opinion wasn’t content from the Sun

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
Follow
Barça director Mateu Alemany denies stories on Gavi and Chelsea: “We are going to register Gavi for sure”. ������ #FCB

“There is NO problem, it will be done and completed soon”, he told DAZN.

New contracts for existing players are treated as new expenditure the same way transfers are by the La Liga spending rules. That was the basis of them not being able to resign Messi. Barca may be outwardly confident about it, but

1 Like

Simon Jones of the Daily Heil:

-Mount most likely to extend his contract

-Liverpool asked about Gallagher in Jan but have made no recent enquiries

-Talks expected to start with Mac Allister.

Something a bit more promising at last. Would prefer Caicedo but Mac Allister is a very decent player.

Hopefully those Sucic and Koopmeiners links have nothing to them, desperate stuff. Still waiting for us to be linked to Ugarte.

1 Like

Phillips is a decent player but over the past two seasons he’s only played thirty-eight times total - partly due to injury and partly due to to being able to break into the City team.

He’s not bad defensively, certainly tries to put himself about which is a quality we need. He’s betteron the ball than Fabinho (although I think he’s a little overrated in this area, felt like he was garnering Xabi Alonso comparisons for his long passing and he’s not that good).

I think he’s a little bit static in possession and moves the ball quite slowly, so I’d worry about him being the base to our midfield when I’m not confident in his press-resistance abilities.

Similar type of player to Ruben Neves, in my opinion, but I think I’d prefer Neves.

4 Likes

It came from Tony Cascarino on TalkSport, which is owned by the same company as that shitstain of a newspaper, so it shouldn’t be a surprise if many veiw it as much of the same.

Also, the comment directed towards @The-AllMightyReds is because he has a history of posting shite from that rag and when called out has refused to admit his mistake

2 Likes

A “history” of it? It was the one occasion (which I understand is one too many)…pretty sure if I’d done it more than once I’d be banned. “Refused to admit his mistake” is another false statement, I agreed with someone else saying they are scum, said it was wrong of me and apologized like twice for it, but yet here we are months down the line & people want to bring up a past event and exaggerate on it to portray me as some kind of devil?

Guess that we need to find another player then!

Ok, here is a discussion point.

He has had had the last two years wrecked by injury.

Why on Earth would we finally get Keita and Ox of the books and then sign Phillips? So the physio’s don’t get bored.

We can’t be signing lads with this kind of injury record and if we do, I’d absolutely despair.

1 Like

We’ve got to stop taking everything put out in the press.

Yesterday it was reported that he’d love to sign for us and Bayern would want 20-30m

Today Bayern are saying he isn’t for sale.

It’s all a game. This are moves being played out in public and we treat everything like it’s a running commentary.

6 Likes

I’d love Macallister seems perfect for us.

Plus we won a treble with the last Macallister.

3 Likes

:rofl:

NEW: According to @vandaaginside

Liverpool is seriously interested in Jurrien Timber and his girlfriend is looking for a home in Liverpool.

1 Like

He could actually not be real and I wouldn’t know.

Someone read the comment that being tall doesnt mean you’re good in the air and decided to test that idea by pursuing a 5’10" CB

He’s perfect :+1:

For a moment (after numerous Stella’s) I read Jurrien Timber as Justin Timberlake. To the point where I actually considered if his fancy footwork would be useful on a cold and wet night in Stoke :thinking:.

1 Like

Not sure of Timber’s level, but if we are looking to get Trent in the midfield more, and develop 3223, then a right sided central defender/right back might be on the radar.

He’s better than woods.

1 Like

2 Likes

Just need to get him past whatever injury problem he has.Along with Bradley ,Gomez and potentially Milner we should be well covered to allow TAA move into midfield .

2 Likes