The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

You are new here, aren’t you :blush:

1 Like

Saw an exciting link earlier to the flying Georgian at Napoli, Cravatskhelia.

He’s one I’d possibly swap all of our left wingers for.

:joy:

1 Like

Linked to whom? Madrid? Barca? Newcastle?

Sure as shit cant be us :rofl:

You’re welcome to post the 36 reliable rumours that broke this morning :slight_smile:

1 Like

I could probably tolerate that scarf, but this haircut should be out of bounds.

Awful, that should be curtains for this guy.

NEW: Fabio Carvalho will leave Liverpool this summer, it is unsure what solution they will find but he is young and is never playing. #lfc [@FabrizioRomano]

You’d have thought it’d be a loan option, but wouldn’t surprise me if we sold for 10-15m.

1 Like

Nothing surprising. There is no room, point or benefit of him staying next season if it’s going to be like this one (and with things hopefully improving, possibly playing even less). Unless he would stay long enough to really impress in pre-season. But he needs to go somewhere and play. I guess it’s going to be a loan. When he returns, see if his level has improved and if he’s more ready to be part of Liverpool’s first team squad.

1 Like

What is a young Ted Boehly doing in a football kit :0)

1 Like

It’s interesting the extent to which he hasn’t got a sniff at all. Really seems to have fallen out of favour.

That’s the way the cookie crumbles sometimes, not every signing we make will work out so we don’t need to keep forcing it year on year to wait to see if it may or may not happen…better to let a kid go if the mind is made up from Klopp and play elsewhere.

1 Like

He did get certain game time in the first half of the season. You get what you get, then you have to earn a little bit more. It’s how it goes. Not easy to go from Fulham a league lower to Liverpool, who’s got more senior players than it needs. Though you could read between the lines of some Klopp and Lijnders quotes already in last pre-season that he has room for improvement before he’s considered here for more game time.

1 Like

Guess if we sign Mount Carvalho might go out on loan straight after preseason with us.

If we don’t sign Mount (and I doubt we will do any other business in attack) Fabio might stay until January and then go out on loan.

1 Like

If both parties agree that there’s not much point in Carvalho being here next season, it’s better for the kid to have his pre-season with his new club.

I wish the Mount links would piss off.

4 Likes

I apparently don’t think as much about it as most people do. He played some games earlier in the season, had a few injuries, and also is only 20, so it’s not surprising.

5 Likes

To play devil’s advocate with Mount for a second, he’d probably suit our new ‘box’ midfield more than what we did previously. Could have seen him fitting into Jones’ or Henderson’s positions from the Leeds game.

He does his best work in the final 3rd rather than the middle 3rd of the pitch, that system would allow him to be in those spaces more often. Mount has a lot of energy but not the defensive abilities you’d want in a number ‘8’. This system would appear to cover tor that lack of tactical nous somewhat.

I’d still prefer a higher quality of player, I’m not sure why we seem to be linked with so many players that are out of favour or in poor form, I can only assume it’s a monetary issue.

2 Likes

I wonder what the plan actually was with Carvalho given that we never really play with a 10. Not quick enough to play out wide and doesn’t have the skill set to play in any of the midfield roles. It’s hard to figure out what role in the team they had earmarked for him long term, strikes me as a classic case of player flipping.

1 Like

He’s quick enough to play out wide, just has a different kind of pace because he’s so slight. He’s a very quick player, he’s not a strong player though so that pace can be negated somewhat. He’s also clearly not been playing with confidence.

Somewhat surprised he hasn’t had a few games at U21 level to find a bit of form. He’s lightyears ahead of that level so might have been nice for him to dominate a game again.

Carvalho is a great prospect. If he needs more time out on loan I have no problem with that. If we sell him and sign Mount I’ll be very disappointed. Not only because Carvalho has a lot more talent than Mount but also because Mount is the footballing equivalent of eating plain toast.

I really hope we aren’t this unimaginative.

5 Likes