The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Point taken but saying no more non-European/South American/Central American/Asian players just sounds stupid. There’s no way of sugar coating it, is there?

No other Premiership club suffered like we did due to AFCON. We could well have lost/drawn a couple of league games in their absence - we didn’t but we could have. This would have derailed out challenge for the title in hindsight. Just saying.

We have finite playing resources, unlike a certain Manchester club. We have to be more savvy in the transfer market.

Wait sorry so your arguement is that during a period when the reality was clawed back 14 points to City we “could” have not done that?
blink-182 wtf GIF

6 Likes

How many games did we lose during this period?

1 Like

You’re thinking about it the wrong way. How many games COULD we have lost in that period?

8 Likes

If it wasn’t for African players, we wouldn’t be where we are today.

3 Likes

So, youre saying we should sign more AFCON eligible players to have our matches postponed during that window :rofl:

And how many games have we won because of our African players?

It’s a nonsense argument you’re making.

7 Likes

Bookmarked alongside that time you said no chance of Carvalho signing this summer.

1 Like

What have the Africans ever done for us?

1 Like

Djimi’s goal-line clearance in Istanbul, for a start.

3 Likes

No no no, the question is what could the Africans have done or not done for us…

Mo could have won us 3 more league titles if it wasn’t for the fact that we are going up against a state funded team

1 Like

Thank you.

And if you’re going to quote the greats like myself, please put some context to it.

EDIT: @deneb please quote my post.

I’m fairly certain I said that when the deal didn’t get done on deadline day. In fact, I said its likely that Liverpool trying to sign him will have other European clubs noticing and coming in.

But don’t let that get in the way of a catchy post! :trophy:

It’s a fair comment to say that likely player availability, given AFCON, will be one of the factors to consider in as potential signing. It won’t be a binding factor, as it has already been shown that the quantity of games missed is likely to be minimal, and obviously if the player is of the requisite quality - as Salah and Mane most certainly are - then that is the crucial factor for a potential singing.

I can’t. I don’t know how to quote from a locked thread.

Also I don’t care enough to try and figure out how to. If anybody is bothered (which I very much doubt) they can look it up themselves.

High Five Sacha Baron Cohen GIF by filmeditor

Which was also incorrect.

Robert Downey Jr Shrug GIF by MOODMAN

Something about wet water fowl?

Analysis piece from one of those Twitter analyst types (for the record I enjoy Sam McGuire’s output but know others may have differing opinions).

Looks at how he statistically compares to Tchouameni.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/66878878

1 Like

:eye: :lips: :eye:

1 Like