The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Wasn’t Soumare supposed to be the next big thing along with Camavinga? Apparently Leicester want to sell him after one season. I haven’t seen him at all and obviously it doesn’t look good that they want to get rid so soon but anyone know if he could be a good alternative to Tchouameni?

3 Likes

Ibrahim Sangare links kicking about - plays for PSV, defensive midfielder, Ivorian.

So who’s seen him play 10 times? Anyone who hasn’t, your opinion is totally worthless - so don’t bother…

I haven’t but if YouTube is meant to show him at his best then i’m underwhelmed. A big unit but looks cumbersome in a lot of what he does. Slow moving, slow pace of thought. And that’s against teams in the Dutch league.

1 Like

What if i’ve watched 10 youtube compilations of him,does that count?

He’s 6 foot 3. That’s as much as I know about him.

Ask the rule maker, not me!

Leicester are going to be offloading Verstergard and Soumare.

Am I dreaming up that there we were talking about Soumare a year or two ago as being a good one for us?

No as he was being talked up as the next Kante! Guess he isn’t!

Nampalys Mendy was that.

:joy:

I think you answered your own question! If Leicester want to get rid of him after 12 months then he probably isn’t the answer for us.

They’re being a little bit silly, they should wait another 12 months and United will pay £100m for him.

1 Like

Yeah, but what about Moneyball? :wink:

All Brendan had to do is to play him against United, he would have been awesome and United would have paid the money.

Well, they’re denying it. No surprise there.
https://twitter.com/AnfieldWatch/status/1529089953988214784?s=20&t=5yTwbKug-qSJZAe6RqMMdA

2 Likes

It looks like @kopstar was right theLiverpool friendly media are predicting that FSG are resigning both Salah and Mane?
I hope they are planning to resign Bobby as well? The tchouameni rumour is dead in the water as he is choosing RM the idiot I hope that the splinters on their bench leave a good reminder of how he missed a brighter future with us?

2 Likes

The Sangare link is laziness bordering on hilarity. It’s even more of a laugher than Kouadio Kone. Someone is playing too much FIFA. I’m not shading him, but he’s nowhere near Liverpool level. I’m not even sure he’s lower table PL level.

Bookmarks this: zero point zero chance there’s any shred of truth to it.

2 Likes

Long term replacement for Mane

Non starter. We were stripped of three vital players due to AFCON. This happens every two years, God knows why it’s held every two years but there it is. We will have learned this hard lesson for sure: No more African players at the club - and that’s not being racist btw, it’s just being realistic.

Nah dude, you can’t say that, even with your attempts at justifying it. I understand where you’re coming from to a degree but that phrasing is awful.

The mid-season tournament is a pain but to rule out the potential signing of the next Mane or Salah based on the fact every couple of years you’d lose them for a handful of games is just nuts, especially when one of those games is likely to be an FA Cup third round game. Say we play 50 games a season and every two years you lose a player for five games due to Afcon. 95 games of Salah and Mane but they miss five to international duty or no Salah and Mane at all? I know what I’d prefer.

Also, the 2023 tournament is scheduled to be held in the summer. 2025 is also be set to be a summer tournament too although we know this has been the case in the past and then changed.

6 Likes

Get Out Middle Finger GIF by HKRealty

2 Likes