The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

FIFY.

2 Likes

It was from Paul Joyce

I thought the discussion was a rather simplistic take, that if players arenā€™t so desirable for us any more, just show them the door, as though thatā€™s all there is to it.

Itā€™s not a big deal. We are just talking about both sides of the same issue.

Weā€™ve no evidence of solid offers for said players, and weā€™ve no evidence of any efforts on the part of the club to move them on.

Still, thinking about the likes of Keita and Ox, it is very likely they will not have a better gig than Liverpool in the remainder of their careers, so itā€™s understandable if they chose to sit tight.

Fify

3 Likes

Enough said. :roll_eyes::woozy_face:

2 Likes

Alexis MacAlister something something Liverpool something something Brighton something something

4 Likes
1 Like

According to Google translate, Ā£50 million transfer to Liverpool and 5 year contract. Which all seems reasonable at todayā€™s prices.

4 Likes

According to COG translate (Iā€™ve got basic Spanish), the clubs want the deal completed before the transfer window opens next month, too.

4 Likes

I think you missed something out there.

A lot more reasonable than the Ā£70m plus that was being talked off yesterday but still seems a lot.

Iā€™m still at a bit of a loss to work out what type of player he even is. Admittedly I donā€™t watch as much football as I once did but heā€™s not really been a name Iā€™ve heard much of until after the world cup.

Would love any more informed types to give a summary because I see someone who does most things well but doesnā€™t really stand out in any particular area. Heā€™s obviously not a DM, heā€™s not a Thiago type or a number 10. So what makes him worth upwards up Ā£50m?

I would feel we put one over Brighton if he comes at that price. Would have think he is in the 70-80 range.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

He does a bit of everything and I think that is sometimes easy to interpret as a jack of all trades master of none situation, but I think with him its an illustration of how, at least on the ball, he really is strong in all areas. I think the only role in any of our midfield sets ups he wouldnā€™t fit into is the single pivot, but whereever he plays what he will bring is energy, intelligent movement, control of the ball and intelligent passing.

The biggest surprise about his career trajectory is not that heā€™s going to a side like Liverpool so quickly after moving to Brighton, but a player who was already on the radar ended up at Brighton in the first place. I am very happy to see the strength of the links to us growing which is at least in part because I think he is the player who would bring a lot of the pieces together at Utd and would scare me to see him going there.

3 Likes

Mac Allister kind of reminds me of Gundogan.

2 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s a pretty good comparison

3 Likes

Be great to have an Irish fella in the team again :+1:

3 Likes

One week itā€™s Mount
the next it was Caicedo
a little bit of Gallagher
lots of Gravenberch
Ugarte incoming
now we have AlexMac

Iā€™m sure all of those players situation is being monitored but doubt Romano and all the other journalists actually know more than that.

Pure speculation

1 Like

Good interview, as direct as it gets

3 Likes